By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 3080 had an unfair launch. Only those with bots got to buy a card.

Random_Matt said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Best of all, the aftermarket cards don't have as good cooling as the founder's edition, and cost more. This means that aftermarket cards will have worse benchmarks, for more money. I wouldn't be surprised if they upped the price on these cards in the future and used this "paper launch" to justify the price increase.

Oh well. Guess I'll stick with my 2070 Super until two years from now. I remember getting it last year in preparation for Cyberpunk. In hindsight it was a great choice, because the 2080 would have been turned into a waste by the 3080 launch, and the 3080 got a "Paper Launch".

The prices already gone up, already said this was Nvidia's plan. Moores law is dead wasn't lying about this, one example is the EVGA FTW here is almost £1000. The majority are £749.

If AMD are going to do the same, then it is a hobby I cannot continue, I'm not going to be mugged. 

The funny thing is that if it wasn't for greed the PC would be so much better of a platform. Everybody has to have their own store these days. Epic wants stuff to be exclusive to their store for a year. Denuvo is thrown onto every other PC title. PC versions of games still get massively delayed with lazy ports. Graphics card prices are insanely unfair on a cost to power ratio.

Around the Network

Why you dont plan preorders too far ahead. Give people a few hours at most. The PS5 surprise drop actually worked out good for die hard fans of PS cause most was up and about and was able to get one. Scalpers had their bots timed for the 17th got left in the dust.

loy310 said:
Why you dont plan preorders too far ahead. Give people a few hours at most. The PS5 surprise drop actually worked out good for die hard fans of PS cause most was up and about and was able to get one. Scalpers had their bots timed for the 17th got left in the dust.

I have to solve a Captcha just to log into their driver updater. Why can't they do the same for a simple GPU release? Obviously they don't care about scalpers.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Random_Matt said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/iuj23f/rtx_3080_sold_out_on_nvidiacom/

Same for so many people, I just believe they notified a select few. Or they never had stock to begin with, fuck knows and fuck cares now to be honest.

Best of all, the aftermarket cards don't have as good cooling as the founder's edition, and cost more. This means that aftermarket cards will have worse benchmarks, for more money. I wouldn't be surprised if they upped the price on these cards in the future and used this "paper launch" to justify the price increase.

Oh well. Guess I'll stick with my 2070 Super until two years from now. I remember getting it last year in preparation for Cyberpunk. In hindsight it was a great choice, because the 2080 would have been turned into a waste by the 3080 launch, and the 3080 got a "Paper Launch".

Source?

My best source says exactly the opposite on the 2 cards they tested.

https://www.computerbase.de/2020-09/asus-msi-geforce-rtx-3080-custom-test/

The Asus and MSI card tested are faster, cooler and quieter and only slightly more expensive. Which is why I lost any desire to buy a FE.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Random_Matt said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

The prices already gone up, already said this was Nvidia's plan. Moores law is dead wasn't lying about this, one example is the EVGA FTW here is almost £1000. The majority are £749.

If AMD are going to do the same, then it is a hobby I cannot continue, I'm not going to be mugged. 

Asus got your back https://www.ebuyer.com/1121290-asus-geforce-rtx-3080-10gb-gddr6x-tuf-gaming-ampere-graphics-card-tuf-rtx3080-10g-gaming?gclid=CjwKCAjwkoz7BRBPEiwAeKw3q1mPX3GVr2pZRDc__VvjhBD3hm8vMsM3UUtsMlrC-KfHHuPaN9rI2xoCphkQAvD_BwE

Most AIB's charge more for GPU's. They claim special overclocking capabilities and cooling etc. Kingpin are the worst for it marking up multiple hundreds for a card.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
vivster said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Source?

My best source says exactly the opposite on the 2 cards they tested.

https://www.computerbase.de/2020-09/asus-msi-geforce-rtx-3080-custom-test/

The Asus and MSI card tested are faster, cooler and quieter and only slightly more expensive. Which is why I lost any desire to buy a FE.

Damn. Didn't know someone managed to test the aftermarket cards. Your source beats mine.

ArchangelMadzz said:

Most AIB's charge more for GPU's. They claim special overclocking capabilities and cooling etc. Kingpin are the worst for it marking up multiple hundreds for a card.

It used to be true but this time Nvidia upped their cooling game.

Chicho said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It used to be true but this time Nvidia upped their cooling game.

Yep they really did, if I was in the market for this card I'd only really be interested in the FE. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I have been trying to get one in the past few days (Canada) and other than stupid eBay it is impossible... I have my new build ready except for the GPU... :(
For now, I have a GTX1080 in the rig but I built it from scratch to get a 3080 or 3090 and it looks like I will have to wait quite sometime before to finalize it...
I'm not even trying to get a 3090 on tomorrow, will probably be a waste of time anyway with the bots

And now everybody should wait for Big Navi and buy that one instead so all the scalpers wouldn't be able to get to sell their shiny expensive GPUs anymore except at a big loss...