Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 price.....what if.....

I wonder if many people will take the bait for the digital only version. The early $100 saving on the hardware seems a very poor trade for the ability to buy retail, both new and used (and just lending games to each other).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

How about if they put PS5 at $99.95 CAD.

Darwinianevolution said:
I wonder if many people will take the bait for the digital only version. The early $100 saving on the hardware seems a very poor trade for the ability to buy retail, both new and used (and just lending games to each other).

* Raises hand *

I probably will. Haven't loaned out or borrowed a game since Smash Bros on the Wii. Haven't purchased a physical game since Breath of the Wild Switch and before that, I think it was Resident Evil Revelations 2 on Xbox One and Until Dawn on PS4. As I get older, I care less about collecting more "stuff" and I'm more satisfied with just having the memories. Even buy digital comic books unless I want something to put on my walls. It's just the future.

mZuzek loves to pre-order

I will burn my (landlords) house down if any PS5 launches at £249.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

d21lewis said:
Darwinianevolution said:

* Raises hand *

I probably will. Haven't loaned out or borrowed a game since Smash Bros on the Wii. Haven't purchased a physical game since Breath of the Wild Switch and before that, I think it was Resident Evil Revelations 2 on Xbox One and Until Dawn on PS4. As I get older, I care less about collecting more "stuff" and I'm more satisfied with just having the memories. Even buy digital comic books unless I want something to put on my walls. It's just the future.

I never loan or borrow games, I do on occasion get used games but instead I'd just have to wait for sales to try titles I'm not sure of. 

Also major first world problems is it's so tedious to change discs. 

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

We already have a thread about it on bold prediction. But yes those pricepoints would be a bloodbath for the sales of Xbox but would also cost Sony much more than is needed to achieve the result and less profit so it won't happen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

ArchangelMadzz said:
d21lewis said:

* Raises hand *

I never loan or borrow games, I do on occasion get used games but instead I'd just have to wait for sales to try titles I'm not sure of. 

Also major first world problems is it's so tedious to change discs. 

I don't sell my games but sometimes I borrow and loan. But yes I love to buy with deep discounts and used games plus I'm a collector so physical is it for me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Look like someone skipped night shift business class!
No way in hell Sony will priced at a loss!!! Sony learned their mistake from PS3 days, no more repeats

halil23 said:
Look like someone skipped night shift business class!
No way in hell Sony will priced at a loss!!! Sony learned their mistake from PS3 days, no more repeats

Yes they learnt, and PS4 was launch with about 60USD loss. They broke even with a new game and 1 year PS+ subscription.

d21lewis said:
Darwinianevolution said:

* Raises hand *

Yeah, I'm with you d21lewis. I used to be a rabid fan of physical media, but as I get older I'm constantly reminded "you can't take it with you."