By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch sales are just impressive

Nintendo Switch reminds me of Nintendo DS and PS2 in terms of sales. Sony and Xbox have never managed to sell as many consoles as Nintendo , it's pretty normal Nintendo are the bosses in terms of portable consoles and they have always had the American, Asian, Oceanian and Western European markets

Around the Network
YanisFromFrance said:

Nintendo Switch reminds me of Nintendo DS and PS2 in terms of sales. Sony and Xbox have never managed to sell as many consoles as Nintendo , it's pretty normal Nintendo are the bosses in terms of portable consoles and they have always had the American, Asian, Oceanian and Western European markets

How long have you been gaming? Sony has the best selling consoles of all time. PS1 first system to sell 100 million. It sold better than Wii btw. PS2 THE BEST SELLING SYSTEM/CONSOLE OF ALL TIME. 155 million.  PS4 113 million and still going. Putting it in second place for home consoles. Nintendo has had 1 console sell over 100 million and 1 handheld sell over 100 million. No Game Boy does not count as GBC was a new handheld with exclusive games. DS sold less than PS2.

Last edited by Leynos - on 11 September 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Well played OP you got them

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Nintendo has the Japanese market and the American market. Western Europe is dominated by Nintendo and Sony
Sony dominates Eastern Europe, emerging countries

Systems sold up to now (provided I counted correctly):

Nintendo: ~770 million
Sony: ~550 million

Around the Network

Nintendo dominates portable and hybrid consoles, Sony dominates home consoles

Western Europe is really divided in fact, France, Spain, Germany and Switzerland are clearly Nintendo oriented.
In the United Kingdom ACNH was very strong like everywhere in the world and Italy is indeed oriented Sony

But for example in the world in 3 years and 6 months it is 63M of Nintendo Switch which was sold against 57.7M of PS4 in 3 years and 6 months after its release while the PS4 had 4 Christmas against 3 for the Switch

Padib, I just was curious to see how many systems the two most successful videogame system manufacturers sold up to now, that‘s why I posted the rough overall figures.

Nintendo will exceed 800 million systems sold with the Switch, Sony 600 million with the PS5.

This is a proper quality thread.