By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles will die (aside those from Nintendo), subscription services will not

I enjoy MS because I don't have a PC or the intention to use Origin or Steam, even as a middleman. If they leave the console stage, I will either surrender my gamertag or if not, then I will be resorting to "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!"

It's Xbox or the door for me. I can't stress this enough.

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
I enjoy MS because I don't have a PC or the intention to use Origin or Steam, even as a middleman. If they leave the console stage, I will either surrender my gamertag or if not, then I will be resorting to "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!"

And you don't like Nintendo or Sony because you don't have a PC as well? And since you don't have a PC it will be hard for you to become Jack Sparrow.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Seeing as Game Pass is mostly from console I would disagree. So long as there’s a market for all those third party game sales there will be consoles fighting for the biggest portion of them

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DonFerrari said:
AsGryffynn said:

And you don't like Nintendo or Sony because you don't have a PC as well? And since you don't have a PC it will be hard for you to become Jack Sparrow.

Nintendo and Sony burned bridges with me back in the PS2 era (Sony) and the DS era (Nintendo). I will have to get a better PC if push comes to shove, but since Xbox isn't dying anytime soon, I will be getting a Series S and clinging to it and the brand while it lasts (or they burn me to). 

I think kirby007's prediction is right, but for all of the wrong reasons.  Home consoles will die, because people will prefer hybrid consoles.  Nintendo will continue to capture bigger pieces of the console market until competitors come along with their own hybrid.  It would probably be more accurate to simply say that hybrids will replace home consoles and then that will be the new norm.

However, PC gaming cannot kill consoles.  People have been predicting this would happen for about 40 years now.  They are two different animals.  The same logic applies to mobile gaming.

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
DonFerrari said:

Nintendo and Sony burned bridges with me back in the PS2 era (Sony) and the DS era (Nintendo). I will have to get a better PC if push comes to shove, but since Xbox isn't dying anytime soon, I will be getting a Series S and clinging to it and the brand while it lasts (or they burn me to). 

I`m curious to how Sony and Nintendo managed to burn those bridges but MS with premature cut of Xbox original, RROD X360, Kinect always online DRM X1 and lack of exclusives didn`t damaged your liking of them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
AsGryffynn said:

I`m curious to how Sony and Nintendo managed to burn those bridges but MS with premature cut of Xbox original, RROD X360, Kinect always online DRM X1 and lack of exclusives didn`t damaged your liking of them.

Catalog curation + Catalog double standards. Yeah, no. Either remove the shit off your store or add it to the shovelware drawer like any decent dev would. 

My sig gives you a clue. The more these companies are pissed off, the better. 

AsGryffynn said:
DonFerrari said:

Catalog curation + Catalog double standards. Yeah, no. Either remove the shit off your store or add it to the shovelware drawer like any decent dev would. 

My sig gives you a clue. The more these companies are pissed off, the better. 

Have no idea what you are talking about in here.