By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tamarin Discussion

???

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

???

Old news my guy.

I like the "You got a Uzi", but its not grabbin me though. I think its the main character.

CaptainExplosion said:
Leynos said:

???

They made it like Jet Force Gemini on purpose. So?

That was the question. Thank you. I wasn't sure if tribute or incidental or not. Never heard of the game until this thread.

Last edited by Leynos - on 01 September 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I was intrigued when I heard some former Rare devs were making a new game, but to be honest, it looks kinda meh.
Environments are really bland and the enemies look generic, and the two don't mesh together aesthetically. Overall it just has an uninspired and low budget feel. Not really doing it for me.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 September 2020

I've been let down by these kinds of retro revivals before (Mighty No. 9, Yooka Laylee, Bloodstained, although Wargroove was really good) so I'm not going to get too hyped.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:
I've been let down by these kinds of retro revivals before (Mighty No. 9, Yooka Laylee, Bloodstained, although Wargroove was really good) so I'm not going to get too hyped.

This one shouldn't be like the others since it wasn't crowdfunded.

Don't think that funding was the issue. Bloodstained was fine on a technical level. Yooka was mostly ok too. The issue was more that they didn't really add a ton to their respective formulas. 

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

Don't think that funding was the issue. Bloodstained was fine on a technical level. Yooka was mostly ok too. The issue was more that they didn't really add a ton to their respective formulas. 

I didn't think that was really the point, and that it was more about making games like they used to do.

If other people want that, fine. For me though, that's not what I'm looking for. If they're basically the same but worse than the games that inspired them, I'd rather just play the originals. 

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

If other people want that, fine. For me though, that's not what I'm looking for. If they're basically the same but worse than the games that inspired them, I'd rather just play the originals. 

They didn't all come out worse. I'm sure Bloodstained didn't at least.

Bloodstained is not as good as symphony of the night. It's a decent game, but not on the same level.

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

Bloodstained is not as good as symphony of the night. It's a decent game, but not on the same level.

Fine, I give up. -_-

You didn't really make any argument aside from just stating your opinion... so I stated mine, which isn't exactly a hot take. Not sure why you seem annoyed by that.

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

You didn't really make any argument aside from just stating your opinion... so I stated mine, which isn't exactly a hot take. Not sure why you seem annoyed by that.

I'm not annoyed, I'm just frustrated that I haven't been able to get people excited for the kind of game I wanted, but instead everyone here's either said it looks bland or that it will fail. This game succeeding would've been a rare good thing to happen in 2020. -_-

Eh... Well I'd be happy to be proven wrong.