Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia Ampere announced, 3090, 3080, 3070 coming later this year

1.9x performance improvement per watt over Turing

Substantial raytracing performance improvement, over 1.5x compared to Turing

Geforce 3070 is coming at $500 and releasing in October. Performance above 2080ti

Geforce 3080 is coming September 17th and priced at $700, double the 2080 performance

The 3090 is a "monster GPU" which will cost $1500 when it releases on September 24th, and is claimed to be the first 8K GPU, though it seems it is designed to play games at 8K using DLSS rather than natively at 8k

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 September 2020

Around the Network

Don't forget the RTX IO for those SSD fans!

The cuda core numbers are also fucking insane

2080 Ti has 4,352 for comparison. A 3070 has 5888 cuda cores.

The most insane part is that the Founders Edition cards are actually MSRP! Nvidia is bringing their A game this generation!

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/rtx-3080/

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

The RTX IO stuff is a FAR bigger deal for a guy like me, but as a TITAN RTX owner, the CUDA jump is the biggest deal here!

You forgot the most important slide

Oh look! The GPU does exactly that super cool next generation fast storage thingy on consoles that PCs can't do.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Today is the day my 970 got scared of being replaced

German YouTuber and Streamer:

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon 2020 thread

Around the Network

Definitely seems like a bunch of monsters. It doesn't seem like AMD is going to be catching up to Nvidia with RDNA 2. AMD claimed a 1.5x improvement in performance per watt compared to RDNA 1, compared to Nvidia claiming a 1.9x improvement in performance per watt compared to Turing, and Turing was already ahead of RDNA in performance per watt. This suggests that Nvidia is going to further widen the gap, at least in terms of performance per watt. Will still be interested to see how big of an improvement RDNA 2 is over RDNA 1 though, especially since the consoles are using RDNA 2. There was one rumor that the highest end RDNA 2 card would have a 30% performance improvement over 2080ti, which would put it ahead of the 3070 but behind the 3080. 

Pricing wise, none of these are aimed at me personally, I'll be waiting on something like a 3050ti or a mid-range RDNA 2 card to upgrade my PC.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 September 2020

Thank god, this will make my recent upgraded NVMe & CPU chill down. RTX 3080 will be mine.

Steam ID: Quakecore89 / GOG: AMDFX89 / Xbox Live Tag: QUAKEcore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855

Current PC: (Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/RTX 3080(placeholder)/Crucial 250GB SATA M.2+Kingston 1TB SSD+Corsair 1TB NVMe)

Not good enough, RDNA2 will beat it.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

I may have missed it, but did they talk about power consumption? Were the rumors true?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
I may have missed it, but did they talk about power consumption? Were the rumors true?

Here's the official numbers for Founders Edition cards:

3090 - 3080 - 3070

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread