By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have you been to Archiverse (the internet archive for Miiverse)?

Tagged games:

I remember reading a while back that someone was making an effort to archive the posts in Miiverse after Nintendo had announced that it was going to be officially shutting the service down.  Today, I decided to look and see if I could find any of my posts.  From the main page of Archiverse (https://archiverse.guide/), I searched for a game that I knew I posted in, but also being careful to choose a game that was niche enough to not have a ton of posts to sift through before finding something of mine.  I decided on Langrisser Re: Incarnation Tensei.  Sure enough, after some scrolling, I started finding my posts.  From there, I was able to view my profile and a list of all my posts that had been archived.

My first post on Miiverse was a rudimentary drawing of Mickey Mouse in the community for Epic Mickey 2:  The Power of Two posted on December 13th, 2012:

And it turns out that my last post was made in the 3DS community for Fire Emblem Echoes:  Shadows of Valentia on August 30th, 2017 which was about 2 months before the service ended:

"R.I.P Gray. If I liked you more, I might have saved you from perma death, lol."

I was aware that Miiverse was ending, as the day before, I had posted this somber message in the WiiU community for Paper Mario:  Color Splash on August 29th, 2017:

"I'll miss you Miiverse..."

Have you gone into the Archiverse to look up any of your old Miiverse posts?  If you do go back, feel free to share your first/last post or anything in between that you feel like sharing.  I'll continue sifting through my posts and share any others that I feel worthy of sharing again with my fellow gamers.

Last edited by Mandalore76 - on 24 August 2020

Around the Network

Wow. I found all my posts. I thought they were lost forever. Thanks dude.

Edit: I realized I posted a lot of stuff in some of those communities that were just for a limited time and those are lost forever, but the main ones are there. Awesome project.

I found it a few months ago. Apparently NintendoFanGirl and I had a conversation on Twitter and one of us mentioned Miiverse. My stalker wife found the tweet and wondered why I was on some social media site for kids talking to 17 year old girls.

That was fun.

It didn't have all of my posts. Nintendo gave us the option of downloading our Miiverse content. I wish I hadn't procrastinated. I had some cool stuff that's lost to the sands of time.

d21lewis said:
It didn't have all of my posts. Nintendo gave us the option of downloading our Miiverse content. I wish I hadn't procrastinated. I had some cool stuff that's lost to the sands of time.

Yeah, same here.  A lot of my posts were lost as well, but it was cool revisiting the ones that have been preserved.  Like opening a time capsule.  I know what you mean about procrasting against a deadline to preserve internet posts.  I remember when Microsoft announced it was shutting down MSN Groups.  I used to be part of fantasy wrestling leagues called E-Feds where you would roleplay as either current or past superstar, or create a completely new persona of your own.  When they announced the impending shutdown, I did manage to save some of my favorite thread posts.  But, I didn't put enough time into it to save more.

Around the Network

No, but that’s fun, some of my doodles must still exist then.

EDIT:

My profile pic.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 28 August 2020

S.Peelman said:

No, but that’s fun, some of my doodles must still exist then.

EDIT:

My profile pic.

Nice!  The last image I was using as my profile pic in Miiverse was Azura coming to Elise's aid in Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest.

Found some of my Art Academy drawings:

Classic Pac-Man (52 yeahs)

Eagle Nebula revisited (35 yeahs) *refinement of a less cleaned up rendering which had received 22 yeahs 

I had also done drawings of the title screen from the original "The Legend Of Zelda", a headshot of Burroughs, the Artificial Intelligence operating system from "Shin Megami Tensei IV", and the Space Vampire Ship that was hidden in Halley's Comet in the movie "Lifeforce", but those did not make it into the archive.  

I was happy to find that the screenshots of my Mario vs. Donkey Kong Tipping Stars levels were preserved.  I had a lot of fun with that game.  I was working on 2 different series of levels.  One series consisted of recreations of classic arcade games.  The second series constituted an original game that I called "PittFall" (since my Mii on Wii U was called Pitt).

Classic Arcade Recreations:

Donkey Kong

I themed this as close as I could to Donkey Kong while still using the Tipping Stars mechanics to make it challenging.  The Shy Guys are the barrels, and Pokey is supposed to be the fire coming out of the oil drum.

Elevator Action:

This one I had to take more liberties with.  You work your way up the building instead of down for example.

Here's the Mario vs. Donkey Kong Tipping Stars levels that I created for my "PittFall" game.  In the first 3 stages, Mario and Donkey Kong are traversing "Pitt's Cave" which they have fallen into (hence, "PittFall").  The 4th stage is a boss fight against Capture Kong that concludes Level One.  After creating those 4 stages, I created a prequel stage to show how Mario and Donkey Kong wound up in Pitt's Cave.  Unfortunately, Super Mario Maker came out half a year later and quickly absorbed my creative energies, and I never went back and put more work into further stages of PittFall.

PittFall

PittFall:  Intro

PittFall Intro

I made this stage after creating what would be Level 1 of PittFall, so at the time, I named it PittFall -1.  But, I now consider it to be what would have been the intro to the game.  Mario and Donkey Kong have a skirmish with Pokey and some Shy Guys when they first encounter Capture Kong.  To escape, they must burrow deep underground where they come across the long since buried and forgotten entrance to Pitt's Cave.

PittFall 1-1:  Pitt's Cave

Pitt Cave

You can see on the left that the level immediately begins with Mario and Donkey Kong falling into Pitt's Cave.  Traps and perils await before escaping to the next stage.