By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Total War Thread

Hey all, I was curious if there are other Total War game fanatics, such as myself, on this website? If not, cool. But if so, I think it would be fun to have a thread where we can arrange for campaign/battles together somewhere. Unlike most genres and games, Total War campaigns aren't really fun when you just pick up and play with random people on the internet. The campaigns usually take days (if you are playing basically nonstop) and weeks or months if you are playing like an hour a day or so. Because of that, it is more enjoyable to connect with someone that you can arrange to play a certain amount of time throughout the week on certain days/timeframes.

If you enjoy Total War games and would like to play a campaign (or battle) with someone, please post below which games you are willing to play and the day/time of the week (along with timezone) you'd be willing to play. Then, if you see someone who is playing a game in a timeframe you like, quote reply them so we can all see and set up something (that way we aren't all redundantly trying to connect with the same people).

I'll start this off for myself:

Warhammer/Warhammer II Total War and Rome II Total War are my preferred games.

Central Time Zone

Probably could do 1-2 hours a week starting 6 pm and onwards Monday - Friday (only one-two days a week more than likely).

Around the Network

I support the idea behind this thread, but my computer hasn't really been up to playing any of the games since Shogun 2. Rooting for this thread to take off though!

noname2200 said:
I support the idea behind this thread, but my computer hasn't really been up to playing any of the games since Shogun 2. Rooting for this thread to take off though!

Yeah I'm just hopeful there are enough of us on the site!

Bump for the morning, wanna see if anyone this time of day plays.

Ka-pi96 said:
Only have Warhammer 2 installed at the moment, but I'd have some interest in playing.

Would mostly be available 10pm (JST) or later any days except Friday/Saturday.

Warhammer 2 is my favorite at the moment (mainly due to camera and unit variety), I'll have to check to see if my laptop can run it well enough.

So that's 14 hours ahead of my time zone so unlikely we could play together sadly :(

Around the Network

I like Total war but only play Single player.

Don't count me in among the Total War fanatics, but I definitely like the series. Sadly I haven't had the opportunity to give the series the time it deserves, but I do what I can. Experience-wise, I've played Rome, Shogun II, Attila, and Three Kingdoms, although I own Shogun, Medieval II, and Empire as well (and some expansions for some of the games). I'm currently on my first playthrough of both Attila and Three Kingdoms, and considering how long I've been working on them, it'll probably be a while more before I can actually finish them...

Sadly I don't think I will be of much company in multiplayer. I probably suck too much to play competitive multiplayer, and I'm also not very interested in committing to long campaigns - or are co-op campaigns significantly shorter than singleplayer campaigns?

Zkuq said:
Don't count me in among the Total War fanatics, but I definitely like the series. Sadly I haven't had the opportunity to give the series the time it deserves, but I do what I can. Experience-wise, I've played Rome, Shogun II, Attila, and Three Kingdoms, although I own Shogun, Medieval II, and Empire as well (and some expansions for some of the games). I'm currently on my first playthrough of both Attila and Three Kingdoms, and considering how long I've been working on them, it'll probably be a while more before I can actually finish them...

Sadly I don't think I will be of much company in multiplayer. I probably suck too much to play competitive multiplayer, and I'm also not very interested in committing to long campaigns - or are co-op campaigns significantly shorter than singleplayer campaigns?

Generally they take even longer as you have to coordinate times. But that's why it's fun! It's like a long term relationship! Haha

Dulfite said:
Zkuq said:

Generally they take even longer as you have to coordinate times. But that's why it's fun! It's like a long term relationship! Haha

Does not bode well for me playing co-op campaigns, but thanks for the info. I don't even technically have anything against long co-op campaigns, but my mood about what games I want to play at any given time can shift a bit quickly to be a nice co-player - and then there's also the issue of available time, which varies a bit.

Yeah I'm a Total War fanatic. Though, fanatic, I'm not sure because I hardly ever play the battles; I mostly stick to the campaign map play auto resolving battles. Unless I auto-lose a battle that I should've obviously won, I'll play it out myself, but with newer games that gets rarer and rarer. I'm slow though, my campaigns don't take mere days, they take years. So all in all I'm not really a good multiplayer partner. I've been with the series for quite a while, ever since the first Rome. Played that, plus its expansions, Medieval II and Kingdoms, Empire, a tiny bit of Napoleon, a tiny bit of Shogun II and Rome II. I like both Romes, Empire and Medieval II the best. I'm not attracted to the fantasy games, Warhammer, I'm actually secretly waiting for a Medieval III. Though I'd like the growing cities of Rome II to come back for that, look so cool, if it's like Three Kingdoms and the recently released Troy, that'd be a shame.