By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Let's Talk about Fable.

As long as is not first person view only, I will probably get it.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

never played it but I dont get why the series was cancelled, it seems that people enjoyed it and had decent sales

Srex117 said:
Dulfite said:
Pardon my ignorance, lifelong Nintendo fan here who is heavily considering buying Series X. Is Fable similar to Zelda but in more of a sarcastic way?

Its nowhere near Zelda. Zelda is exploration game while Fable is straight forward game with little exploration. It is almost like saying that Gears of War and Mass Effect are similar games just because both games are played from third person and they both have guns

Excuse my French, but WTF?

It is not really Zelda like, but "little exploration" is a stretch.
I have been married about 34 times, tried to become evil to get a cooler weapon skin and damn, did I chase those chickens.

There is more than enough to do.

IMO Zelda is less RPG than Fable, but more Action Adventure with lots of different locations and a few more puzzles than Fable.
Both have a lovely setting though.

In all honesty: If you love Fable, you will enjoy Zelda. And if you love Zelda, you will enjoy Fable. Maybe you will love them both.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

EnricoPallazzo said:
never played it but I dont get why the series was cancelled, it seems that people enjoyed it and had decent sales

Because Lionhead as a studio did not work. It was just poorly managed.

You had Molyneux behind it, who might be a great and creative developer, but a not so talented studio manager. And if this guy is reporting to Don Mattrick... well... it gets tough.

I think this had more to do with Lionhead struggling than the franchise itself.

FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:

I liked the original by far the most. 2 was bad, and 3 was slightly more in the right direction of the original, but still a disappointment. I hope they return to the original and try to learn from the mistakes of 2 and 3.

Uff...

Fable 2 > Fable 1 > Fable 3 IMO.

Around the Network

Fable 2 > Fable 3 > Fable/Anniversary edition.

Fable 3 is so underrated.

I love Fable and Fable II. Fable III was a bit of a letdown, but not a bad game by any means.

I do hope that Playground builds on the tenets of the series with this reboot. I want an action-RPG that offers a lot of moral and life simulation options and which doesn't take itself too seriously. Something a little weird and off-center.

JRPGfan said:
Ryuu96 said:

Mostly a new team built from the ground up, the RPG studio is entirely separate from the Racing studio apart from a few key staff it seems jumping over, they're hiring folk with RPG/Open World experience.

Have they gotten any big names? You would want some experianced devs on RPGs, if your attempting something like this I suspect.

Well, it is in the OP.

And please let not forget that Forza Horizon is Open World as well.

Chief Designer - Will Kennedy (GTA V)
Lead Quest Designer - Hunter Wright (Borderlands 2 and 3)
Principal Enviornment Artist - Scotty Brown (Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 2)
UI Lead - Joe Mckernan (Horizon Zero Dawn)
Production Director - Sean Eyestone (Metal Gear Solid 4 and 5)

So yeah, they have a great new team behind it IMO. I don't know if there is more you could ask for to be honest.

Dulfite said:
Pardon my ignorance, lifelong Nintendo fan here who is heavily considering buying Series X. Is Fable similar to Zelda but in more of a sarcastic way?

fable 3 gameplay:

Srex117 said:
Dulfite said:

Its nowhere near Zelda. Zelda is exploration game while Fable is straight forward game with little exploration. It is almost like saying that Gears of War and Mass Effect are similar games just because both games are played from third person and they both have guns

Its basically move  from A-> B -> C, and your guided the whole way, judgeing from the video above.
But this is a older game, perphaps a newer fable would be more modern in its take, and not hold your hand, and direct you so much.

This video does a much better job of selling it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI7Ju5yVVwM

it goes deep into the choices in fable, to be good/evil, sire offspring, marry, get a job to earn, ect.
highlighting what makes fable,... well fable.