By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Bought a GTX970 4GB wish me luck

DonFerrari said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Ehm... If those specs are correct you've been had.

GTX 970 never shipped with a 128bit bus, they all came with their weird 224+32 (3.5GB +512MB) bus.

192 streaming cores is way too low, too, GTX 970 comes with 1664 of those.

Finally, the GTX 970 had a base clock of 1050 Ghz and a turbo of 1178 as it's base specs.

So, what I fear you got there was a slightly overclocked GTX 630 with GK 107 core design (there are other variants based on Fermi's GF 108), which normally came with 875Mhz and GDDR3 instead of GDDR5 but there are GTX 640 GPUs based on the same chip with GDDR5, and the rest of the specs fit.

Seems like in China they have made some odd versions. There is a 5Gb 1060 or 1080.

When it arrives I'll test and do some verification on it, and post here. But yep I'm very aware that I'll receive something less than 970, but in the end it was a 52USD card, in Brazil I would have to pay 3 or 4 times this for this board. I plan to buy a decent 200USD in USA and sell this one

Yeah, some Chinese variations are just plain weird.

Still, if the specs are true, you made a bad deal. I don't know the prices of an RX 550 or GT 1030 in Brazil, but those shouldn't be much more expensive yet run circles around a GPU witch such specs.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
DonFerrari said:

Seems like in China they have made some odd versions. There is a 5Gb 1060 or 1080.

When it arrives I'll test and do some verification on it, and post here. But yep I'm very aware that I'll receive something less than 970, but in the end it was a 52USD card, in Brazil I would have to pay 3 or 4 times this for this board. I plan to buy a decent 200USD in USA and sell this one

Still, if the specs are true, you made a bad deal. I don't know the prices of an RX 550 or GT 1030 in Brazil, but those shouldn't be much more expensive yet run circles around a GPU witch such specs.

i can tell you brazil is majorly fucked up with prices MAJORLY

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

i can tell you brazil is majorly fucked up with prices MAJORLY

Yeah, I know, import taxes are just crazy out of hand there. But still, if the GPU is really just a GTX 630, then it could actually end up being a downgrade depending what integrated graphics he's using.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 21 August 2020

Bofferbrauer2 said:
DonFerrari said:

GT 1030 with 2Gb of RAM is 699 (130 USD more or less so over twice the price)

GPU:

- Unidade de Processamento de Transmissão (SP): 384

- Clock Base: 1227 Mhz

- Boost Clock: 1468 Mhz

Memória:

- Capacidade: 2048MB

- Interface: 64-bit GDDR5

- Banda: 48 GB/seg

Versus the GTX970 with 4Gb

128bit bus core clock 900Mhz and 192 steam cores, memory clock 4100Mhz 

So would be over twice the price with half memmory, half the bus size, double steam cores and 50% clock base. Not sure it would really run leaps over it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."