By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Week 12 Gameday

I'm gonna throw this out there and want people to give it some thought before replying:

If the Dolphins start Tua from here on and he plays close to his potential, what's the ceiling for this team and could they compete for that division?

Around the Network

I managed to tune in to the Packers game at the tail end of the second quarter.

I think I'll return to being unable to actually watch any games.

Yikes I don't think I did too well this week. Oh well maybe next week. I was surprised Patriots did so bad against the Broncos even with Cam back.

It's inconceivable to me that the Cowboys through every single week, have somehow managed to start every single game the exact same way and not fix a single thing, through 6 weeks.

Shaunodon said:

It's inconceivable to me that the Cowboys through every single week, have somehow managed to start every single game the exact same way and not fix a single thing, through 6 weeks.

I actually believed in them because they consistently scored over 30 pts, while the Cards less so. Apparently today was the opposite.

Around the Network

ANNOUNCEMENT - Week 6 Results and Standings

View the spreadsheet with all collected data here. Check your own statlines and let me know if there are any mistakes.

Despite week 6's slate of games being more challenging to predict than the previous week, the results were very similar. Chris Hu could book his third win of the season already. My choice for the bonus point game turned out to be wrong, because the prediction league unanimously picked the Chiefs; not only that, my second choice (CLE vs. PIT) for this given week wouldn't have been much better either; turned out that the GB vs. TB game would have been the best choice (I had dismissed it out of hand due to the Packers being recognized as one of the best teams in the league while the Bucs just lost to the sucky Bears). Long story short: Everyone got a bonus point this week.

# Username Record PP
1 Chris Hu 11-3 5
2 castor 10-4 3
2 Level1Death 10-4 3
2 Shaunodon 10-4 3
3 Angelus 9-5 2
3 burninmylight 9-5 2
3 Farsala 9-5 2
3 PAOerfulone 9-5 2
3 sethnintendo 9-5 2
4 noname2200 8-6 1
4 RolStoppable 8-6 1
5 hatmoza 7-7 1

Chris Hu extends his lead to a whopping 5 games from previously 2 because the results of week 6 really went his way, namely that #2-7 are now within 1 game as opposed to previously 3. It was the theme of the week that overall records came closer to each other, but without any big changes in positions. 1 spot was gained by Shaunodon, burninmylight and PAOerfulone; 1 spot was lost by Angelus, hatmoza and noname2200. After roughly a third of the season, we have a clear leader well above the elusive .700 mark, a hotly contested battle for the runner-up, and a group of four at the bottom who have lost a ground on the leader, but actually still have pretty good chances to turn their season around and finish in the top 3 eventually.

# Username Record Pct. PP #1-3 #1 #2 #3 BP PW
1 Chris Hu 67-24 .736 21 6 3 2 1 4 -
2 RolStoppable 62-29 .681 17 5 2 - 3 6 -
3 Shaunodon 62-29 .681 17 5 1 3 1 6 -
4 Angelus 62-29 .681 14 5 1 2 2 4 -
5 sethnintendo 61-30 .670 14 5 1 2 2 4 -
6 Farsala 61-30 .670 13 5 1 1 3 4 -
7 Level1Death 61-30 .670 13 5 - 3 2 5 -
8 castor 59-32 .648 12 4 1 1 2 4 -
9 burninmylight 56-35 .615 9 4 - 1 3 4 -
10 hatmoza 55-36 .604 12 4 1 - 3 5 -
11 PAOerfulone 54-37 .593 5 3 - 1 2 2 -
12 noname2200 53-38 .582 10 2 1 - 1 5 -

Looking ahead to week 7, the schedule is a bit easier again with only a few toss-ups. SNF is Buccaneers vs. Raiders, but knowing now how much people here like the Bucs (plus how they've destroyed Green Bay), that's just asking for an unanimous Tampa Bay pick despite the Raiders taking care of business against the Chiefs before their bye week. Therefore I've decided to make the bonus point game the contest between the two undefeated teams of Pittsburgh and Tennessee. Both teams seem to have a habit of playing up or down to their opponent, so this accompanying uncertainty is better suited for the bonus point game of the prediction league.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

BYE BYE NYG-PHI 2 PIT-TEN 1
DAL-WAS 1 BUF-NYJ 1 CAR-NO 2 GB-HOU 1
CLE-CIN 1 DET-ATL 1 SEA-ARI 1 JAX-LAC 2
SF-NE 1 KC-DEN 1 TB-LV 1 CHI-LAR 2

Shaunodon said:

I'm gonna throw this out there and want people to give it some thought before replying:

If the Dolphins start Tua from here on and he plays close to his potential, what's the ceiling for this team and could they compete for that division?

Update:

Question is still there if anyone wants to answer. Dolphins just became very interesting.

Shaunodon said:
Shaunodon said:

Update:

Question is still there if anyone wants to answer. Dolphins just became very interesting.

Honestly, Fitzpatrick has been playing very well for them, so I'm surprised that they're going with the rookie at this moment in time. In the long run, it's of course good to get him as much actual in game experience as early as possible, but in the short term, I don't believe this makes them better.

BYE BYE NYG-PHI 2 PIT-TEN 1
DAL-WAS 1 BUF-NYJ 1 CAR-NO 2 GB-HOU 1
CLE-CIN 1 DET-ATL 1 SEA-ARI 1 JAX-LAC 2
SF-NE 2 KC-DEN 1 TB-LV 2 CHI-LAR 1