By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

I'll take the Bills and Packers as well

Around the Network

This game is boring so far... DEN is a boring team

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I will never not get amused by hearing the announcer say "muff". If the Broncos don't take advantage of this gift, I'm going to bed... NVM, they got a TD

There is a jackass fan in the empty audience that is screaming in a distinct, monotone ..."ahhhhhhh----15seconds------hhhhhhh" that is legit irritating me. Because of the low attendance, you can't hear anything else between the real cheers and artificial cheers.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Something needs to be done about these refs and bs flags. It's now at a point where things could and SHOULD be corrected but for some very strange reason, it's not. And here's the thing. I'm a die hard Bills fan. Been one my whole life. But as God as my witness even when we get flags in our favor I'm just as upset if the replay shows nothing. I'm VERY opinionated when it comes to fairness. The Bills and certain teams seem to get these calls that are absolutely horrendous and all it takes is ONE to ruin not only the integrity of the game but also the outcome. I feel like if anything will ever get righted it's going to come from fan petition. Becayse I'm more than sure it's a fine for players and coaches to voice their frustration. But Christ almighty things need to get right.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

SuperRetroTurbo said:

Something needs to be done about these refs and bs flags. It's now at a point where things could and SHOULD be corrected but for some very strange reason, it's not. And here's the thing. I'm a die hard Bills fan. Been one my whole life. But as God as my witness even when we get flags in our favor I'm just as upset if the replay shows nothing. I'm VERY opinionated when it comes to fairness. The Bills and certain teams seem to get these calls that are absolutely horrendous and all it takes is ONE to ruin not only the integrity of the game but also the outcome. I feel like if anything will ever get righted it's going to come from fan petition. Becayse I'm more than sure it's a fine for players and coaches to voice their frustration. But Christ almighty things need to get right.

I feel you man. People always say "don't blame the calls" but it's so bad that it shouldn't be dismissed. I've seen Raiders games, Jaguars games, and even Browns games where there are calls that are blatantly wrong, yet nothing is corrected. What kills me the most though is when they are reviewed, when they are challenged, and there's overwhelming film evidence that the refs got it wrong, yet they stick to the initial ruling. It's so fucking broken.

NFL has this weird ego thing where they think if they admit fault in any of their organizational levels, that it becomes a blemish on their brand.

On another note, I need your Bills to knock the snot outta of the imposter Steelers in the playoffs. Your Bills are terrifying but I kinda wanna low key face them in the playoffs in a Buffalo snow game. It's the only chance my Browns have XD

Around the Network

I'll be the first to admit, I don't want to see the Browns in the playoffs for 2 reasons. The first is the matchup. You guys are double edged on offense with the pass and run game. Not so sure about your defense but offensively the Browns can go tit for tat with anyone right now. The other reason is because I wouldn't want to see either team send the opposition home. Both fan bases deserve a chip and if we sent you guys packing it just wouldn't sit right with me, either way. But good luck to you and the Browns.
I'm rooting for them the rest of the season.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

SuperRetroTurbo said:

I'll be the first to admit, I don't want to see the Browns in the playoffs for 2 reasons. The first is the matchup. You guys are double edged on offense with the pass and run game. Not so sure about your defense but offensively the Browns can go tit for tat with anyone right now. The other reason is because I wouldn't want to see either team send the opposition home. Both fan bases deserve a chip and if we sent you guys packing it just wouldn't sit right with me, either way. But good luck to you and the Browns.
I'm rooting for them the rest of the season.

Our defense is deadly... if our secondary wasn't consistently injured. The strength of our defense has never been fully realized this season, which is why we have struggled so badly all year to shut down teams despite winning. Greedy Williams has been on IR all season. Turns out he has nerve damage in his shoulder. That takes time heal. Delpit is out for the season in a freak training injury. Denzel Ward is possibly one of the best shut down corners in the NFL in my humble opinion but he's injured all the time. He has on and off stretches where he misses three games, and then plays the next three. Karl Joseph and another player who's name escapes me at the moment are also currently out for several weeks. As for our defense's front, it's solid. Even when Myles Garret was out with corona.

If we make the playoffs, a lot of them are projected to get healthy by then. I'm pretty sure we can make some noise. I want a BAL rematch, but it looks like we play the Titans again if we make it... and I would rather play KC for some reason. Titans are the only team I don't want to face first.

Like last year, I'll root for BUF as long as we don't face each other.

Oh how sweet. Look at that a browns fan talking about playoffs along with their dreams and ambitions. Almost gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Your QB is a Texas Tech reject.  Small piece of shit that fumbles the ball on goal line because he thinks he can run and has half the throwing arm as Mahomes.

Turns out he is 6'1. Must have been wearing heels on measurement. Still a couple inches shorter than me and he was a benched QB at Tech. Just because you join top tier college team at Oklahoma doesn't make one great. A shitty person can look good on a good team. Looks at Mayfield's TD to interception ratio in NFL and laughs.

LAC-LV1BUF-DEN1CAR-GB2SF-DAL1
SEA-WAS1CHI-MIN2NE-MIA1JAX-BAL2
TB-ATL1DET-TEN2HOU-IND2PHI-ARI2
NYJ-LAR2KC-NO1CLE-NYG1PIT-CIN1