By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite delayed to 2021

LudicrousSpeed said:
Alara317 said:
I salute in solidarity, anyone who is still on this sinking ship. Godspeed to you all. Godspeed.

DonFerrari said:
KLXVER said:

Well I think that goes for any fan of a brand. Wonder how many Sony games has gotten the infamous "GOTG" on here every time one is released.

That is the thing, he say he isn't a fan of any brand, very neutral and against console warfare.

And sorry but if anyone was trying to say Gears or even Halo aren't that good of game but is excited by all Sony games released this gen including Knack (that sure I found funny but can't say it was a reason to buy a console) would be met with joke.

Sales2099 is pretty straight forward on this, he really have a taste where the best of Sony doesn't make he want to play them but every single Xbox exclusive entices him, Ludicrous never play straight.

I'm still waiting for him to acknowledge that Series X is holding down the crossgen MS have showed, since he have been fighting Goopy on this for several months, but after the latest event he didn't say a thing.

What are you even babbling about? Can you link to where in my post it said these games are going to be good or that I am excited about them? I even listed shit like Yakuza that I don't care about. And a lot of it is coming to GamePass so I don't have to care about any risk. I'd play a lot more Sony games if they had a similar setup.

Per usual you are full of poop and viewing things through your console warrior glasses. At ease, you're the only one who seems to give a shit about anything you're saying. And please don't mention that name in an Xbox thread, if you say it three times he appears to remind us that MS is making games that run on washer specs for gamespass.

My reply was to your quote with the list and several of those games you where giving props (and then asked if they looked like Sony games).

No problem I won't say his name, but then will you admit that Halo Infinite was looking underwhelming and that the games that aren't crossgen were looking better than the crossgen on Xbox show, and that X1 is indeed holding back Series X?

You can for sure keep claiming your neutrality, dismissing all comments against xbox as warfare that you reply and antagonize while the ones in favor of xbox or against playstation even when completely false you turn a blind eye. Also sure pretend I'm the only one that thinks this.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Good to see that Microsoft, like Nintendo, are upfront about corona concerns and the impact it has on development. So if a game needs to be delayed because of it, and to uphold quality and such, then I am perfectly willing to wait for a game that had its devs safety and health a priority. Ultimately, we are all against crunch aren't we?

Also I want to say that people making fun of this delay should be ashamed of themselves. Think about the people making these games and then have your silly console mudslinging.

And you think MS discovered now that Corona is a thing and that two months prior to going gold even if Covid have been going on for over 6 months, they also didn't know when they showed in July?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

OTBWY said:
Barkley said:

If you think this game isn't about to go through HEAVY crunch over the coming months I think you are very mistaken.

Proof? 

Maybe the people who automatically gave you 5 likes have it?

Experience. I have worked in the industry. Not once did a delay lead to less crunch. It does often lead to feature creep to make the product more desirable after the dealy, adding more crunch to get the extra stuff working properly as well. For example there are people expecting ray tracing to be added now as well before it launches...

DonFerrari said:
OTBWY said:
Good to see that Microsoft, like Nintendo, are upfront about corona concerns and the impact it has on development. So if a game needs to be delayed because of it, and to uphold quality and such, then I am perfectly willing to wait for a game that had its devs safety and health a priority. Ultimately, we are all against crunch aren't we?

Also I want to say that people making fun of this delay should be ashamed of themselves. Think about the people making these games and then have your silly console mudslinging.

And you think MS discovered now that Corona is a thing and that two months prior to going gold even if Covid have been going on for over 6 months, they also didn't know when they showed in July?

Uh yes, cause they are delaying it now? Why would they say it before it affecting a release which is approaching? It's like you're digging to find anything that might suggest anything otherwise.

SvennoJ said:
OTBWY said:

Proof? 

Maybe the people who automatically gave you 5 likes have it?

Experience. I have worked in the industry. Not once did a delay lead to less crunch. It does often lead to feature creep to make the product more desirable after the dealy, adding more crunch to get the extra stuff working properly as well. For example there are people expecting ray tracing to be added now as well before it launches...

First of all, have you worked at 343? If not, I am still asking for actual insider info from people that worked there.

Cause theres a ton of information suggesting the opposite is going on at Infinites development cycle, from people in charge of it no less.

https://gamingbolt.com/halo-infinite-developer-talks-about-creating-a-development-environment-to-mitigate-crunch

So other than making an appeal to people with your experience argument and getting easy likes, what actual evidence is there? 

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
DonFerrari said:

Uh yes, cause they are delaying it now? Why would they say it before it affecting a release which is approaching? It's like you're digging to find anything that might suggest anything otherwise.

What in COVID changed from end of July when the game was last show to today, couple weeks later? So much changed in couple weeks that over a couple months delay is needed and that is all due to COVID? Do you really want us to believe it?

Want to bet the game will have a much better graphical showcase whenever it release?

They are delaying the game so it can look as good as it can, just like was expected before they showed in July. They are blaiming COVID because that is the easy thing to do. Even if on the forum there were some people totally thinking it would be possible to give a graphical overhaul on the title in a couple months left for gold (prior to the delay).

Ryuu96 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sure, and what in COVID changed in the last couple weeks that changed the release date from the July event to today?

LudicrousSpeed said:
Can we rename this thread to the Official Kena Thread: Brought to You by the Inane Ramblings of Console Warriors? Thanks.

What percentage of posts Kena'd Kena? I mean Kena Kena but Kena Kena Kena? Kena might potentially Kena Kena-ly but Kena Kena to Kena.

KENA!

It must have been a tough call for MS to make but ultimately the smart decision. The Halo brand is already in decline & a half baked entry would have put the franchise on life support.

At the very least, Xbox Series X 2021 lineup isn't so sparse with Halo launching sometime next year.

DonFerrari said:
KLXVER said:

Well I think that goes for any fan of a brand. Wonder how many Sony games has gotten the infamous "GOTG" on here every time one is released.

That is the thing, he say he isn't a fan of any brand, very neutral and against console warfare.

And sorry but if anyone was trying to say Gears or even Halo aren't that good of game but is excited by all Sony games released this gen including Knack (that sure I found funny but can't say it was a reason to buy a console) would be met with joke.

Sales2099 is pretty straight forward on this, he really have a taste where the best of Sony doesn't make he want to play them but every single Xbox exclusive entices him, Ludicrous never play straight.

I'm still waiting for him to acknowledge that Series X is holding down the crossgen MS have showed, since he have been fighting Goopy on this for several months, but after the latest event he didn't say a thing.

Appreciate that, I try to be as transparent as possible. About the cross gen comment, part of me thinks 343 is just fumbling hard with their new engine and time management in general. Though I do agree there is a holding back aspect.

The demo looked nothing like the announcement trailer and Halo 5 on base Xbox One looks sharper then some parts of Infinite. Don’t know what’s going on but they don’t have a good record having things ready on a fixed schedule. Hell Halo 5 (multiplayer) and MCC only became amazing years after release. Not ideal but that’s the cards we dealt. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Appreciate that, I try to be as transparent as possible. About the cross gen comment, part of me thinks 343 is just fumbling hard with their new engine and time management in general. Though I do agree there is a holding back aspect.

The demo looked nothing like the announcement trailer and Halo 5 on base Xbox One looks sharper then some parts of Infinite. Don’t know what’s going on but they don’t have a good record having things ready on a fixed schedule. Hell Halo 5 (multiplayer) and MCC only became amazing years after release. Not ideal but that’s the cards we dealt. 

It is a very big project to management issues is expected. Most big AAA games we have heard of small or big delays, in some cases even multiple ones. But blaming covid for all this year just show that is an excuse since delays occured before and after for several internal reasons, be it issues during development, change of scope, etc.

I know you were fine with it being delivered with the graphics looking current gen because as GAAS it would keep improving, but I hope that with the delay they can deliver an already very strong package from start.