By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Ghost of Tsushima was made by a greedy AAA developer.

The Sensie Ishikawa and Kenji missions have been cut from the game, and are now bundled in a $10 DLC pack.

There are no pillars of honor, masks, saddles or bandanas to find in the game. Instead these cosmetic items can be purchased for $1 each in the online store. Because of this Haiku spots no longer exist.

Whenever you talk to a merchant the game automatically tries to connect to the internet, and take you to the online store. If your internet isn't connected the PS4 OS notifies you with a pop-up.

The game isn't quite finished yet, and was released in a beta state. Bugs are everywhere, but they'll be fixed in six months to a year.

Buying armor dyes takes 300 flowers per armor dye. Or you can just pony up $3 on the online store.

There's an online competitive multiplayer mode tacked on. It doesn't let you co-op the game.

The online competitive multiplayer is a required 70 GB update, that demands you install it before being able to use Trophy information for the game.

The online competitive multiplayer has monthly updates that add meaningless grind, new items, and superficial improvements designed solely on keeping people hooked on the game. None of these updates add anything fun to the game. They just add more skinner-box elements designed to send you to the store to buy cosmetic items.

It's now a 3rd party title, but is an Epic Games Store exclusive for a year.

The Ghost Armor is a pre-order bonus.

Yongyea, and Jim Sterling both criticize the game for having paid cosmetic items. Youtube commenters insist the game is good despite cosmetic crap.

GoT now scores 71 on aggregate review sites. Extreme fans of the game insist that the critics are wrong.

For those of us that have played GoT, we have the hindsight of having played a much better version of the game. This is just a mental exercise to demonstrate how modern "AAA" game design sucks the life and fun out of a lot of games these days.

Around the Network

okay

I don't think any greedy developer can top the greedy tactic of forcing you to buy a $300 plastic box you don't really want just to gain the privilege to play their game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yep, gotta agree 100%. Just look at the mandatory grind in assassins creed to force you to buy exp.

John2290 said:
vivster said:
I don't think any greedy developer can top the greedy tactic of forcing you to buy a $300 plastic box you don't really want just to gain the privilege to play their game.

You can't make this criticism anymore, everything is coming to PC now go buy it and support it so you can avid buying the plastic box for your customised plastic box.

A plastic box that I want and choose because I see value in it is a lot different from a plastic box that has no other use but as physical DRM to me. And yes, I will most probably buy the game if it ever comes to a plastic box of my choice, not that I expect that ever happening due to how greedy some companies are.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Tsushima is now 16 times larger but 16 times less detailed.

And every town is the same two building models repeated over and  over!

vivster said:

Instead they can force you to pay $1000 over seven years to wear pretty costumes in your games, get all the content, and skip the grind. If I have to pay $300 just to have games release in a complete state, for a flat $60 price tag, with no Denuvo, and a physical copy, I'm going to do it. I've bought well over 50 games for both my Switch and PS4. Dividing the $300 price tag of the consoles that comes out to paying $6 extra per game. If you only buy 30 games for a $300 console that comes out to $10 extra per game. Even if you buy a new console on launch day for $500 it's only $16 extra per game after buying 30 games. That's far less money than what microtransactions, and other shady tactics are going to bleed you per game.

That being said, I do buy PC releases so long as they avoid greedy tactics, release same day/date as the console version, and lack Denuvo.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 01 August 2020

I sense much anger was driving the OP.

OP is comic but near to the true.
But on the joke about the details, one criticism that is quite valid is that the inside of the mongolian tents is almost exactly equal among all (but I understand that military stuff would be standardized anyway). The houses themselves are also very similar to one another both inside and outside (which also was probably quite common in Japan at the time, since people had a lot of other concerns, it was pre-industrial world, and well most people were poor).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Mar1217 said:

Now imagine Super Mario Odyssey if it was made by Ubisoft.

- Post-game moons are now in a DLC pack.
- More than half the costumes are microtransactions + you can pay to dye the colors of each piece of clothes of your choice.
- Speed and Jump boosters are sold to players who can't skillfully play some of the challenges or races.

-Every regions look like New Donk City.

You forgot the game would come on a 4Gb card and you would need to download the rest and use a big space of your memory.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."