Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Ghost of Tsushima was made by a greedy AAA developer.

The Sensie Ishikawa and Kenji missions have been cut from the game, and are now bundled in a $10 DLC pack.

There are no pillars of honor, masks, saddles or bandanas to find in the game. Instead these cosmetic items can be purchased for $1 each in the online store. Because of this Haiku spots no longer exist.

Whenever you talk to a merchant the game automatically tries to connect to the internet, and take you to the online store. If your internet isn't connected the PS4 OS notifies you with a pop-up.

The game isn't quite finished yet, and was released in a beta state. Bugs are everywhere, but they'll be fixed in six months to a year.

Buying armor dyes takes 300 flowers per armor dye. Or you can just pony up $3 on the online store.

There's an online competitive multiplayer mode tacked on. It doesn't let you co-op the game.

The online competitive multiplayer is a required 70 GB update, that demands you install it before being able to use Trophy information for the game.

The online competitive multiplayer has monthly updates that add meaningless grind, new items, and superficial improvements designed solely on keeping people hooked on the game. None of these updates add anything fun to the game. They just add more skinner-box elements designed to send you to the store to buy cosmetic items.

It's now a 3rd party title, but is an Epic Games Store exclusive for a year.

The Ghost Armor is a pre-order bonus.

Yongyea, and Jim Sterling both criticize the game for having paid cosmetic items. Youtube commenters insist the game is good despite cosmetic crap.

GoT now scores 71 on aggregate review sites. Extreme fans of the game insist that the critics are wrong.

For those of us that have played GoT, we have the hindsight of having played a much better version of the game. This is just a mental exercise to demonstrate how modern "AAA" game design sucks the life and fun out of a lot of games these days.

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Around the Network

okay

I don't think any greedy developer can top the greedy tactic of forcing you to buy a $300 plastic box you don't really want just to gain the privilege to play their game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yep, gotta agree 100%. Just look at the mandatory grind in assassins creed to force you to buy exp.

vivster said:
I don't think any greedy developer can top the greedy tactic of forcing you to buy a $300 plastic box you don't really want just to gain the privilege to play their game.

You can't make this criticism anymore, everything is coming to PC now go buy it and support it so you can avid buying the plastic box for your customised plastic box.

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network

Tsushima is now 16 times larger but 16 times less detailed.

China Numba wan!!

John2290 said:
vivster said:

You can't make this criticism anymore, everything is coming to PC now go buy it and support it so you can avid buying the plastic box for your customised plastic box.

A plastic box that I want and choose because I see value in it is a lot different from a plastic box that has no other use but as physical DRM to me. And yes, I will most probably buy the game if it ever comes to a plastic box of my choice, not that I expect that ever happening due to how greedy some companies are.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

John2290 said:
Tsushima is now 16 times larger but 16 times less detailed.

And every town is the same two building models repeated over and  over!

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

vivster said:
John2290 said:

A plastic box that I want and choose because I see value in it is a lot different from a plastic box that has no other use but as physical DRM to me. And yes, I will most probably buy the game if it ever comes to a plastic box of my choice, not that I expect that ever happening due to how greedy some companies are.

They are all plastic boxes at the end of the day and whatever company wants to choose specific plastic boxes to release their game no other plastic box owners have the right to complain about it or ps2 owners would never shut up about not getting Ghost Of Tsushima, fact is that the game wouldn't exist without Sony nor would Nintendo exclusives exist and all the quality and lack of extra nonsense that those first party titles bring with them. We'd all be looking to Ubisoft or EA for the best games and screw that. 

China Numba wan!!

Yes we got this masterpiece instead, phew.