By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Battletoads coming August 20th. Amazing release trailer found inside

Tagged games:

JRPGfan said:
2D platforming levels? entire levels? like mario.... in Battletoads?
also whats with the bullet hell stuff? battletoads never used to be like that.

Around the Network

I`ll say it improved a lot from the last I had seem, I still find the character model kinda ugly, but I liked the trailer and seem like a very fun game but on indie budget.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Azzanation said:
JRPGfan said:
2D platforming levels? entire levels? like mario.... in Battletoads?
also whats with the bullet hell stuff? battletoads never used to be like that.

Holy hell I dont even remember that.
As a kid, I'd play the *nes version of battletoads alot too.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 31 July 2020

This looks trash. Then again the series was never very good so meh.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Looks like it improved since last footage we saw. The lack of online is gonna hurt the meta score but hopefully it’s fun enough to be decent

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Azzanation said:

Holy hell I dont even remember that.
As a kid, I'd play the snes version of battletoads alot too.

This was from the Battletoads and Double Dragon game. Was pretty fun from memory too.

KLXVER said:
Nope. Still looks like hot garbage. Game Pass!

Minor fix ;)

Personally I probably wouldn’t buy this game outright. But just like Streets of Rage 4 if its on Game Pass it’s worth at least one play through imo. Knock it out within the day at the very least. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This looks bad, but probably gonna give it a try as I have GamePass right now.

Yeah i always was a fan of this small franchise but it does not feel the same,looks a bit like a cheaply made cartoon.

I didn't like the art style before but idk, it looks different and actually pretty cool now. Going to give it a try. Hope it's not as painfully hard as the old NES game though.. ugh..