By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Data from Poll from France about the Next gen !

First sorry for my english if some time its not correct sentence  :D

Its a data from the most viewed youtuber in France, him being even more watched than any website about gaming new now when you have a live/conference about console gaming.

My vote is marked as a * for information if you like.

Let's start about what console appeals people the most with the information available at the moment of the polls etc : 

6 month ago : which Next-Gen console appeals to you the most ? (after xbox reveal)

45k vote :

- Xbox Series X : 27%

- Ps5 : 58%

- Both : 7%*

- None of the 2 : 7%

4 month ago : which Next-Gen console appeals to you the most ? (after the first microstoft conference)

50k vote :

- Xbox Series X : 23%

- Ps5 : 63%

4 month ago : which Next-Gen console appeals to you the most ? (after the Ps5 mark cerny conference) 47k vote : 

47k vote :

- Xbox Series X : 27%

- Ps5 : 60%

- None of the 2 : 6%

3 month ago : which Next-Gen console appeals to you the most ? (nothing much new)

58k vote :

- Xbox Series X : 22%

- Ps5 : 65%

- Both : 6%*

1 month ago : which Next-Gen console appeals to you the most ? (after the microsoft & sony first game conference)

105k vote :

- Xbox Series X : 17%

- Ps5 : 73%*

- Both : 5%

- None of the 2 : 5%

1 day ago : which Next-Gen console appeals to you the most ? ( after the second game conference from microsoft)

91k vote :

- Xbox Series X : 13%

- Ps5 : 75%*

- Both : 3%

- None of the 2 : 9%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some other data poll :

2 month ago : how do you have find the inside Xbox ? (first presentation of the game on Xbox Series X)

36k vote :

- Unbelievable : 5%

- Good : 12%*

- Average : 22%

- Disappointing : 42%

- sucked : 19%

1 Month ago : how do you have find the ps5 conference ? (first presentation of the game on Ps5)

74k vote :

- Unbelievable : 62%*

- Good : 19%

- Average : 10%

- Disappointing : 5%

- sucked : 4%

1 month ago : how do you have find the Xbox showcase ? (second presentation of the game on Xbox Series X)

- Unbelievable : 4%

- Good : 6%

- Average : 13%

- Disappointing : 46%*

- sucked : 30%

1 month ago : What design do you prefer about these console ? :

Ps5 : 64%

Xbox Series X 22%*

Ps5 Digital Edition 14%

2 month ago : what aspect is the most important in next gen game ? (after assassin's creed "gamplay" reveal)

The resolution : 8%

The framerate : 26&%

the quality gobale like the light, modelisation etc : 66%*

5 Month ago : How much you ready to spend for buy a New generation of console ? :

- 399€ : 20%

- 449€ : 17%

499€ : 47%*

- 549€ : 5%

- 599€ : 10%

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info about the youtuber :

Him is really a Fan of games, owning every console & own a top tier computer, him talk almost alway with joy & happiness about game & console, him love as much Halo series as Last of us As Zelda series, and really against personal attack or anything who go against the joy of gaming !

Him have create a month ago a really good web site about gaming, completely free, no pop-up ads, publicity or date mining, Him offer to any people that want a tab where people can submit guide, news, record of information about something if you want and get credited in the web site.

Info about me :

I'm Shy because of my bad english and almost never post or reply, just lurking, i don't have much time anymore now to play game because i got married, got a baby 2 years ago and moved from switzerland to philippines to live with my wife. 

I probably start play more again tough when my baby is in age to go to school & can start play mario games !

I owned almost console since Atari 2600 but the first & last microsoft console. but my first love is the PC gaming, not because PCMR but because i'm a huge fan of strategy game first, and there is almost none on console, my fav constructor shifted from nintendo to sony, because my favorite genre on console is action adventure with a good story !

I hate FPS is why microsoft console not appealed me much outside the 360 where there was some exclusive jrpg i wanted to play.

And voila, hope you enjoy these information. take as not France is a country where playstation is mainly playstation too but i find these number interessing for see the trend about the communication from sony & microsoft !

Data from : https://www.youtube.com/c/JulienChi%C3%A8ze/community

Around the Network

Don't worry too much about your English... If you have something good to say it will come thru, if you don't then better English won't help.

I'm not familiar with sales ratios of current generation, with global sales like 2.4:1 in Sony favor, I assume around 3 or 4 : 1 in France?,
since the global sales include the regions where MS does relatively better which are mostly the "Anglosaxon" countries as they say.
And those are polls of people who participated, the broader audience who is less engaged will probably just play what most people play.
Anyhow, it looks like there is reasonable acceptance of higher price like €499 which I guess = $580 US and VAT is usually higher too,
and honestly I think Sony may aim to come in under that at least in some regions, so that should yield good success in sales and so on.
It may not even be that competitive in France, but I think regions that are potentially more so will help if PS5 comes in under Series X,
and I think the rumored low cost 1080p version will have marketing problems in terms of communicating it's value, to benefit of PS5.

No need to worry about your English. If I tried posting in a second language, I assure you it would be much worse.

mutantsushi said:
Don't worry too much about your English... If you have something good to say it will come thru, if you don't then better English won't help.

I'm not familiar with sales ratios of current generation, with global sales like 2.4:1 in Sony favor, I assume around 3 or 4 : 1 in France?,

1 years ago, ps4 was at 4.2 million and Xbox one at 1.5 million, not sure now, probably 3:1 since LoU2 and GoT could increase a little the balance.

Saeko said:

2 month ago : what aspect is the most important in next gen game ? (after assassin's creed "gamplay" reveal)

The resolution : 8%

The framerate : 26%

the quality gobale like the light, modelisation etc : 66%*    *Edit: (Lighting quality (global illumination) and models+textures) ?

What surprises me here, is that people actually understand that a good looking game isnt just about the resolution things are running at.

And they dont seem to think that resolution or framerates are too important.

Just give us better looking games :)

Around the Network

Don't worry with your english, the are tons of non native speakers here. My English is also not good and I'm always editing typos, but nobody ever made fun of me because of that

It's a very interesting poll indeed. Looks like MS fans aren't that pleased with MS marketing so far

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Bruh, i post Here since ages ago and my English is shit, no One Cares , just enjoy yourself xD

Yep, indeed

Never be too shy to post. You're English is perfectly understandable. Interesting data, even if it's more or less exactly what one would expect it to be.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 26 July 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Ka-pi96 said:
COKTOE said:

Never be too shy to post. You're English is perfectly understandable. Interesting data, even if it's more or less exactly what one would expect it to be.

No, he's Swiss.

Sorry, just had to

Oh Jesus :). It's definitely my most common mistake, even though I know how to use "your" and "you're" properly.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 26 July 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."