By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Attention people struggling with Konami ID website for MGO Beta...

Bodhesatva said:
DOATS1 said:
Bodhesatva said:
Just so everyone knows in here, I'm relying on your words on MGS4 to decide if I want to buy it. I'll need to know if there is a whole lot of plot or not.

metal gear online is a separate game to metal gear solid 4. so we won't really get anything from the story with this beta.

I understand that, sorry for the confusion. I used this thread because I knew this is where the MGS4 fans would congregate, and I wanted to get my request out there.

Yes, there will be a lot of plot.  It's freaking MGS.

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
bbsin said:
wait. What the point of having a Konami ID? I don't need to register if i already downloaded the beta via MetalGearSaga2 dvd right?

You need to register. The KonamiID/GameID is sort of like Resistance: Fall of Man and how you had to register for MyResistance when you wanted to play it online. It's most likely for things like stat tracking and such.

Is this for the Beta only? as I never registered anything for Resistance and play online with my PSN name. When MGOnline comes out for real will I have to get a KonamiID or can I just use my PSN name...?

Hmm, pie.

Hm, I still don't have my confirmation e-mail yet. I finished it about 13 hours ago. Does it take this long to recieve it?

The Fury said:
IllegalPaladin said:
bbsin said:
wait. What the point of having a Konami ID? I don't need to register if i already downloaded the beta via MetalGearSaga2 dvd right?

You need to register. The KonamiID/GameID is sort of like Resistance: Fall of Man and how you had to register for MyResistance when you wanted to play it online. It's most likely for things like stat tracking and such.

Is this for the Beta only? as I never registered anything for Resistance and play online with my PSN name. When MGOnline comes out for real will I have to get a KonamiID or can I just use my PSN name...?

Hrmmm, I've played plently of RFOM but i've never even heard of MyResistance.

Oh, well then I guess it's not required. I believe I made one when I first took the game online. I believe it tracks your stats and such once you make an account and connect it with your PSN account.

KonamiID/GameID is basically Konami's unified online service that they've had available for a while. They're trying to use this rather than use the PSN, essentially.

Around the Network

Hopefully this Konami ID BS is only for the Beta.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

What the hell is this shit? The Konami ID site is still shit and it's been days and they haven't fixed it.

I seriously hope Sony isn't letting Konami pull this ID crap with the final game.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Well, I'm happy because after MUCH trying, I was finally able to register... After much MORE trying, I was able to finally get the confirmation e-mail to make the account active.

Keep trying people.

How long did it take to receive the confirmation email after registering?

I tried resending it many times last night and it didn't work. I tried again today and was met with a couple of 'time-outs' and 'errors', but resending the confirmation e-mail again finally worked when I tried it not long before my last post.