By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Games Event UPDATED

Tagged games:

Well the show is over, a lot was announce and a lot wasn't. 

A run down on the companies and games that were missing and were not announced or shown as well as the 1st party lineups.

It looks like the card game continues to be played between Xbox and Playstation, as it seems some of the developers were kept close to their chest of Xbox for their next showcase.

1st Party Games showcased

Games that were MIA

Flight Simulator

Age of Empires 4

Project Mara

Battletoads

Wasteland 3

Scorn

Developers that were MIA

The Initiative

The Coalition

Mojang Studios

Compulsion Games

inXile Entertainment

World's Edge

Last edited by Azzanation - on 24 July 2020

Around the Network

Just going by these announcements I'm getting the feeling that Obsidian is going to end up carrying Xbox Game Studios in the coming gen. They're shaping up to be the best purchase M$ has made. Really wierd that we got absolutely nothing from The Initiative, though. I guess we'll be waiting another year to see their big reveal? Was there any indication as to when Everwild will be releasing? I'm still cautiously optimistic about that one.

I don't know. This might be a little off-topic, but I feel like Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo haven't really given me anything big to really look forward to this Holiday season. Well, besides Halo, I mean, but I still need to beat the rest of the games in the series first.

I'm not sure if I should have much hopes for AoEIV. As much as I like Relic's previous works, the last game they made was more a MOBA than an RTS, and I fear they might add some spin to the series to try and make it distinct from AoE II, which will probably bite them in the ass.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
I'm not sure if I should have much hopes for AoEIV. As much as I like Relic's previous works, the last game they made was more a MOBA than an RTS, and I fear they might add some spin to the series to try and make it distinct from AoE II, which will probably bite them in the ass.

Lets hope that isn't the case for AoE4, Relic is capable of making amazing 3D RTS games.

Sounds like the initiative is the setup studio is looking more legit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Have to agree here that Obsidian was an amazing purchase by MS and it will probably make Bethesda look weak if the next TES don't look or perform as good.

In addition you have CDPR who are amazing and SP has shown they can make great adventure games with good side quests. Bethesda has to up their game massively.

Seems like Covid has affected a lot of devs and they might be further behind compared to where they would have been.

I also believe MS is holding back titles like a new Gears.

I just hope they don't use a lot of their acquisitions to pad out the gamepass with mediocre games.

Rare however had the best game in the show for me. That's my kinda shit and the art design looks amazing.

Darwinianevolution said:

If they are smart they take cues from AoEII because that is the most liked in the series. People are playing the definitive edition. II was an improvement over the first but III was too much of a departure from the AoE formula. I bought III when it came out and play it some but i didn't like as much and played more AoE II and empire earth instead.