By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How much tax do you Americans pay on Games on average.

VAMatt said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Someone's never been to Europeeeeee

Our listed prices always include tax. When I go do shopping and I pick up cereal and the price on the shelf says £2. I pay exactly £2 for that item.

We never have a case of you click on something to buy and then the price is higher when you actually go to pay. Please research before you comment on these things.l

You literally said the same thing that I said, but implied that I was wrong.  

I forgot to mention that it's clearly on the receipt as well.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Here in Florida 7% 

you get a list of items with price then subtotal then tax then total. Unprepared food is not taxed but if you get prepared food at restaurants that is taxed.

For digital games, my state used to not have any tax actually. A large part of why digital grew so big in the USA, is the lack of tax for digital goods. AFAIK, 23 states still do not tax digital games.

So it was nice to buy a $59.99 game for $59.99, while at the store it was around $64. Now my state charges digital tax. But it isn't bad, still I consider moving my us address at some point just to save a few.

I'm digital. What the digital store says is what I pay.
I think my local tax is 6-8 cent on extra for every dollar so that's what I'd pay for physical anything.