By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many copies will the Nintendo Switch sell for?

How many the Switch will sale ?

150M or + 4 15.38%

140M or + 1 3.85%

130M or + 5 19.23%

120M or + 4 15.38%

110M or + 5 19.23%

100M or + 4 15.38%

90M 3 11.54%

Total:26

UK Switch sales will be higher than French sales by the end of the gen. We're both value consumers but UK are Kingmakers. It might take a while (price) but we'll come round eventually.

France finally got into Nintendo with 3DS/WiiU. UK was already there with Wii/DS. It's harder to bring back lost consumers than keep current consumers.

UK Switch sales overtaking Frog sales will be a sign that Nintendo is well and truly back.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

I've given up predicting Switch sales.

Paradigm shifts cause so much chaos they're impossible to predict.

Nintendo's back. That alone means they should be feared but everyone will think think they're a no-competition challenger until it's too late.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Nintendo sucks at supporting systems with games in the final year or 2 of their life to momentum will slow to a crawl in a couple years. 110M

Last edited by Leynos - on 11 July 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Nintendo sucks at supporting systems with games in the final year or 2 of their life to momentum will slow to a crawl in a couple years.

They have only 1 now tho, they used to have 2 systems and then have to prepare their successor which came out like 1 years after the other but still they had to make games for all of them.

Now they will only have to release some games on Switch while other teams are working on the next one.

Now I think that the Switch will sell 130M beacause I just saw the graphic Switch VS DS

Around the Network

130 million