By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Unreal Tournament 3 preview on IGN...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/867/867258p1.html

The game looks to be tunring out great. It is throwing in some exclusive stuff as well as all previously available content on PS3 and PC.

Anyone that played this on PS3...what is the 1 player game like? I know multiplayer is going to be awesome but how did the single player turn out?

Around the Network

Single Player was not great to be honest. The story was pathetic and the gameplay was exactly like the multiplayer except with bots. Basically if you need to be brought up to speed on UT then do the single player, otherwise just skip it and get to the good part.

Torillian said:
Single Player was not great to be honest. The story was pathetic and the gameplay was exactly like the multiplayer except with bots. Basically if you need to be brought up to speed on UT then do the single player, otherwise just skip it and get to the good part.

Bah...I need to make decision wether to buy this game or not and if single player is pathetic I may pass.

well , there is a single player story, there are cutscenes as well (mostly good), but the story is nothing special,
you play against other bots, it's like you're playing offline or online !
well , i found it enjoyable , although dont expect a true single player campaign

but if u have a ps3 , go with that one, cause as i heard , there won't be mods in the 360 versions,,, and believe me , some mods are fantastic

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

@hayeya_k

It is quite possible that I may have a ps3 by June 30th which is when the game comes out but according to that preview...360 is getting all ps3 and pc content and then some.

Around the Network

if it isn't getting mods then you're missing out on more than you know Disolitude, if however they fixed that issue than I completely agree with you.

If the single player campaign is the linchpin in your decision of whether or not to buy the game, then I can't reccommend it to you to be honest.

look ,, mods are created by gamers ,, so they will not be released with the content that's going to be released with the game,,, EPIC will release maybe some exlusive maps, but these Final Fantasy Mods or LEgo mod ,, nope

But honestly, as Torillian said, if you want a true single player mode,,, then i cant recommend this game to you either

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Well, with their new focus on letting user created content come out, maybe we will see mods in 4-6 months? ( or else microsoft wants to make money on selling add. characters (like master chief, marcus pheonix, pheonix wright (oh yeah, I went there)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I actually bought UT3 on the PS3 after playing a few games of it at a friends house.

The problem with the game, which became apparent quite quickly, is that it has virtually no lasting appeal. Unlike some of the old Unreal games in the series, (which I could play for hours on end) UT3 just seems to be lacking something vital.

I can't say exactly what it is...maybe the sub-par story mode, the lack of any real connection between the player and the main protagonist, or perhaps the lack of originality and creativity the game brings to the series.

The game really feels like it could be so much more. I think Epic sort of dropped the ball on this one.

That said, it's still an enjoyable experience...in moderation.

maybe it's a little too much like Gears? (besides the fact it's in first person! right?)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive