By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The cloud streaming service Google Stadia launched in November 2019. How do you view its current chances for commercial success?

The cloud streaming service Google Stadia launched in November 2019. How do you view its current chances for commercial success?

Good 5 0.59%

It has potential 44 5.19%

Could go either way 48 5.66%

It's looking bleak now 299 35.26%

It's a non-starter 278 32.78%

Indifferent to the whole thing 174 20.52%

Total:848
The_Liquid_Laser said:
DonFerrari said:

That is true, but are you thinking on the game releasing on Stadia 6 months after other platforms, faster pricecuts or another way?

Nope.  I'm thinking of it selling to people in places where there aren't many consoles.  They have a phone and a controller, so they can play GTA5 or Minecraft for the first time.  Games like that.

But at what price? And what release window?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I expect it to be dropped faster than a dumpster baby on prom night.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

From the first day of google stadia announcement I expected it to flop, and I was right :)

I just don't see a big future for game streaming, it just doesn't make much sense. Like how much money do you save going google stadia over PS5? Not much at all and you never know if google was actually was making any money from their business model and would had to rise that monthly fee at a later date. The odds are you will also have a worse experience because of the issues game streaming brings.

Game streaming might make sense if you play maybe 2 single player games per console generation or replacing some part of pc gaming as pc gaming is expensive. But some games just don't work well for game streaming like fps/Rts it's like playing with v-sync on, the aiming feel sluggish.

Google made some mistakes though, like not building a player base like Geforce now or xcloud is doing or doing a big launch like having the free service streaming available from the first day and launch with Red dead redemption 2 and a big exclusive game. Gaming is still ecosystem like ios/android.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

It's going to go the way of Google+ pretty soon I'm guessing.

Signature goes here!