By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your game expectations for the Switch on 2H 2020

FarleyMcFirefly said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
In some ways, holding botw2 until next year actually makes smarter business sense even if it is ready for this holiday. Ps5/XSX launches are going to take up a lot of attention. Might be better to have botw2 somewhere where it can dominate the zeitgeist all on its own, like March

Not only that, but it would be Zelda's 35th next year. I feel like the Switch can keep its insane momentum with a heavy hitter around March and another for the holidays. It worked for 2017's launch, it is working for this year with Animal Crossing. It would be really great to see if they can keep this up. 

I just hope they have a system seller for the holidays. I don't think Let's Go Johto would cut it. I'm starting to wish for a new Mario Kart... I know it's unlikely because of the way 8 is selling like crazy. 

Moments ago I would agree that a brand new Mario Kart would kill MK8 momentum, but now I am failing to see that. Because MK8 and MK9 would be a nice collection for those that are huge fan of the series, like myself. I just don't see people stopping buying MK8 just bc MK9 released. Specially for the mainstream audience that barely buy games, MK8 will definitely not be forgotten. 

MK8 would still be having crazy legs and if there's a release planned for this year or next, they would still have time to make a MK10 release for the next gen system 1st year

Last edited by 160rmf - on 22 June 2020

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

I don't think snap will come out this year. In the trailer it said under construction clearly meaning in development. If it's coming this year they would have said so. 

Expectations is all over the place.. with a lot of rumors pinning down a certain few games it's hard to move out of that zone even if I dont really want any of them.

Zeldadude said:

I don't think snap will come out this year. In the trailer it said under construction clearly meaning in development. If it's coming this year they would have said so. 

They also did say "soon" as vague as it is though.. so really, who knows. But 2020 or early 2021 should be a possibility still.

Super mario 3D world
Nintendogs
Super mario all stars
pikmin 3

I expect... something.

I don't have any higher expectation than that.

Around the Network

I’ve been saying forever they should properly reboot F Zero instead of making an MK9. I would love for that to be the holiday one. It fills the racing void and makes way more sense than spending time and money just to cut directly into MK8D’s massive sales.

As for Snap release, I say no way they would say “soon” if it was 2021. It also wouldn’t make any sense to be a game Nintendo would reveal well before its ready. Even mainline Pokémon is typically only shown half a year out or so.