By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console gaming belongs to the entertainment industry not the tech industry and Nintendo has won.

You are absolutely right.
Praise be to Yevon.



Around the Network

This thread is so subjective without any truly valid rational points to support it that its damn laughable hahaha



Dahum said:
This thread is so subjective without any truly valid rational points to support it that its damn laughable hahaha

OK.

Sony, unlike Nintendo, doesn't make long lasting IPs.

Why? Because they just want to sell their latest hardware. If that means Tekken n Crash during PS1 and LoU and GoW for PS4, they don't care. Totally different games but designed to sell the hardware.

I'm not dissing Sony, they're amazing at what they do but they're not in the same business Nintendo is.



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I mean i kinda agree and i think this is why Nintendo are opening more their franchises to new horizons. Theme parks, new movies and i wouldn't be surprised with a Netflix deal or something to compete with Disney.

Sony is doing better in that category too since the last few years. Uncharted is a pretty solid brand and they also have spider man. The R&C movie bombed so hard tho it seems like people don't really have much interest in those franchises outside of gaming. Let's see how the Uncharted movie works out and the TLou series (which i fear since the backlash the game is receiving from fans).

MS well, they have Halo but they really need to work on building their brand. They tried to correct course last minute this gen but they seem really focused on that with next gen.



mjk45 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

MS has seen what's coming and have manoevered themselves into attempting to be the gaming Netflix.

They'll do well but 'content is King' and just how Disney will be able to swallow up Netflix, nintendo will swallow up MS (gaming).

Gamers should be happy. Why don't you want Nintendo running the industry they deserve to own instead of some no talent conglomerate?

I was going to debate with you ,but your last sentence says it all, this is just someone's one eyed cheerleading that no amount of rational will change.

You obviously assumed I was talking about a certain company. I was aiming it at Amazon/Netflix (unfairly), who did you think I was talking about?



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
I mean i kinda agree and i think this is why Nintendo are opening more their franchises to new horizons. Theme parks, new movies and i wouldn't be surprised with a Netflix deal or something to compete with Disney.

Sony is doing better in that category too since the last few years. Uncharted is a pretty solid brand and they also have spider man. The R&C movie bombed so hard tho it seems like people don't really have much interest in those franchises outside of gaming. Let's see how the Uncharted movie works out and the TLou series (which i fear since the backlash the game is receiving from fans).

MS well, they have Halo but they really need to work on building their brand. They tried to correct course last minute this gen but they seem really focused on that with next gen.

The theme park stuff is a bit weird but i assume someone's paid Nintendo as opposed to Nintendo paying for promotion.

It is the type of thing you should do if your 'content is king'. I don't see a Halo/Gear of War theme park opening anytime soon.



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
mjk45 said:

I was going to debate with you ,but your last sentence says it all, this is just someone's one eyed cheerleading that no amount of rational will change.

You obviously assumed I was talking about a certain company. I was aiming it at Amazon/Netflix (unfairly), who did you think I was talking about?

No my conclusion was based on these parts "gamers should be happy don't you want  Nintendo running the Industry they deserve to own"

that was enough the rest didn't mean much.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 20 June 2020

mjk45 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

You obviously assumed I was talking about a certain company. I was aiming it at Amazon/Netflix (unfairly), who did you think I was talking about?

Considering the whole premise was built around you trying to show Nintendo's content meant it had won so leading it toward taking over running gaming from a hardware centric Sony and MS ,without any clarification besides the use of conglomerate and besides who it was doesn't matter, since we should happily cheer on Nintendo regardless because they are gaming.

Nintendo makes content that hasn't been matched for 40 years, like Disney.

You're never going to beat a company that makes content like that unless you can match it or they fuck it up.

Pokemon is now a weaker seller than LoZ, 3D Mario, Animal Crossing and Smash. It was already behind Mario Kart and SMB. If you can't make a consistently successful IP on that level (gameplay not story), you're never going to win a war where content is king.

Edit - WiiU isn't a sign of Nintendo's inevitable doom. Recovering from WiiU and Gamecube while beating Sony is a sign that they can't be stopped.



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
mjk45 said:

Considering the whole premise was built around you trying to show Nintendo's content meant it had won so leading it toward taking over running gaming from a hardware centric Sony and MS ,without any clarification besides the use of conglomerate and besides who it was doesn't matter, since we should happily cheer on Nintendo regardless because they are gaming.

Nintendo makes content that hasn't been matched for 40 years, like Disney.

You're never going to beat a company that makes content like that unless you can match it or they fuck it up.

Pokemon is now a weaker seller than LoZ, 3D Mario, Animal Crossing and Smash. It was already behind Mario Kart and SMB. If you can't make a consistently successful IP on that level (gameplay not story), you're never going to win a war where content is king.

Edit - WiiU isn't a sign of Nintendo's inevitable doom. Recovering from WiiU and Gamecube while beating Sony is a sign that they can't be stopped.

I have edited the post by taking away the conglomerate question since it doesn't change anything and better clarify why I maintain my cheerleading stance and know that debate isn't a viable option.



mjk45 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Nintendo makes content that hasn't been matched for 40 years, like Disney.

You're never going to beat a company that makes content like that unless you can match it or they fuck it up.

Pokemon is now a weaker seller than LoZ, 3D Mario, Animal Crossing and Smash. It was already behind Mario Kart and SMB. If you can't make a consistently successful IP on that level (gameplay not story), you're never going to win a war where content is king.

Edit - WiiU isn't a sign of Nintendo's inevitable doom. Recovering from WiiU and Gamecube while beating Sony is a sign that they can't be stopped.

I have edited the post by taking away the conglomerate question since it doesn't change anything and better clarify why I maintain my cheerleading stance and know that debate isn't a viable option.

As time goes on, it's going to be harder and harder to tell the difference between Google/MS/Sony/Apple/Amazon/Netflix whereas it will become more and more obvious that Nintendo/Disney aren't the same sort of company the tech giants are.... and that's why Nintendo wins (excluding a buyout).



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!