By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory logo leaks



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I’m not even sure when we could expect this to be announced. Tokyo games show maybe?



MasonADC said:
I’m not even sure when we could expect this to be announced. Tokyo games show maybe?

Either that or the Anime Expo.

Or in a Nintendo Direct, whenever it may end up happening.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

shikamaru317 said:
Signalstar said:
Sounds like a music rhythm action game. Seems fitting with how important music is to Disney movies.

So you think it could be a rhythm game? I doubt that, surely Square would release a rhythm KH game through their Theatrhythm series, like they already did with Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. I don't think that Melody being in the title implies that it is a musical game. There is little reason behind KH spinoff titles, I think they just pick things they think sound cool. 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, Chain of Memories, Dream Drop Distance. My guess is that it plays very much like most of the other spinoffs do, with similar action RPG gameplay to the numbered titles, set between KH3 and the upcoming KH4. Possibly Switch exclusive, or multiplat including Switch (Switch/PS4/PS4/XB1/XSX). 

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/444061/kingdom-hearts-melody-of-memory-announced-for-switch-ps4-and-xbox-one/#comments

I totally called Music Rhythm Action Game! I'm a genius!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
shikamaru317 said:

So you think it could be a rhythm game? I doubt that, surely Square would release a rhythm KH game through their Theatrhythm series, like they already did with Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. I don't think that Melody being in the title implies that it is a musical game. There is little reason behind KH spinoff titles, I think they just pick things they think sound cool. 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, Chain of Memories, Dream Drop Distance. My guess is that it plays very much like most of the other spinoffs do, with similar action RPG gameplay to the numbered titles, set between KH3 and the upcoming KH4. Possibly Switch exclusive, or multiplat including Switch (Switch/PS4/PS4/XB1/XSX). 

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/444061/kingdom-hearts-melody-of-memory-announced-for-switch-ps4-and-xbox-one/#comments

I totally called Music Rhythm Action Game! I'm a genius!

Weird idea, especially since it's not part of the Theatrhythm series. But I will still play it, especially since it's Kairi focused.

Hopefully the 2nd KH spinoff Nomura said we are getting between KH3 and KH4 will be a proper action-RPG for consoles. We still need a game about Yozora and Riku and saving Sora, before KH4. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 June 2020

Around the Network

I like Kingdom Hearts and its fantastic music but I'm not into rhythm games, so this is a hard pass for me.



I expected nothing from this... And they still managed to disappoint me. This looks so lazy and clunky. I would rather have a theatrhythm style game than this PS2 graphics with captured gameplay of previous entries playing on the back. I don't know... It looks very bland. Which is a shame, because KH has a mindblowing soundtrack and I'm really into rhythm games.

I'm curious to see how much are they gonna charge for this. Also, I expect this to have DLC songs...

Last edited by Vodacixi - on 16 June 2020

Signalstar said:

I totally called Music Rhythm Action Game! I'm a genius!

Yeah, and it looks like a mobile type of game too.

I'll check it out for the story. A Kairi focus should be good, but probably won't be playing it.
Though if it's a good rythm game for a reasonable price I will.

Last edited by Hiku - on 16 June 2020

Hiku said:
Signalstar said:

I totally called Music Rhythm Action Game! I'm a genius!

Yeah, and it looks like a mobile type of game too.

I'll check it out for the story. A Kairi focus should be good, but probably won't be playing it.
Though if it's a good rythm game for a reasonable price I will.

It was announced for PS4, XOne and Switch. There are no mobile platforms.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Hiku said:

Yeah, and it looks like a mobile type of game too.

I'll check it out for the story. A Kairi focus should be good, but probably won't be playing it.
Though if it's a good rythm game for a reasonable price I will.

It was announced for PS4, XOne and Switch. There are no mobile platforms.

I know. I'm speaking of the presentation.
For example, the Phoenix Wright trilogy seem like mobile games, but are on PS4.

I don't imagine this will feel like a console level KH experience. But for the right price point, it can look appealing.

Last edited by Hiku - on 16 June 2020