By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Should Bring Halo, Forza, Killer Instinct, etc. to Switch

I've said it before, but I think it is even more relevant now as we approach the launch of the XBox SX. 

MS is already a big time 3rd party publisher on the Switch, arguably the most successful because of Minecraft, but other games like Cuphead and Ori have done well also. Banjo is in Smash obviously. 

We know from market research that a big majority of Switch owners also buy one of the XBox or Playstation as a stationary home console ... if you're Microsoft you should want the huge Nintendo fan base (Switch is on pace to sell 100+ million) to lean towards XBox. 

IPs like Halo and Forza could clean up on the Switch with *older* franchise entries and even stuff like Killer Instinct would be very popular. Make these IP popular with Nintendo fans (get Master Chief in Smash Bros. while you're at it) and when it comes time for Switch owners to buy one of the big box home consoles, they will be more predisposed to an XBox if they become fans of things like Halo and Forza and Killer Instinct and Battletoads. 

Doesn't mean new Halo or Forza games have to be on Switch, they likely wouldn't run well anyway, but older Halo and Forza games and Killer Instinct, Rare Replay ... why not? The old way of thinking it outdated, MS would not be hurt at all with back catalog titles be available on Switch, they would only stand to benefit. 

MS needs to start thinking outside of the box, if they can become a staple for Nintendo fans as the top non-Nintendo publisher on Switch, when a Switch fan who loves Halo is choosing a new console he/she is more apt to choose the system that has the newest Halo game. Or even a service, lots of Nintendo fans could get hooked on MS IP and then decide they want to subscribe to xCloud. The Nintendo audience is huge, 10-20 million Switch extra owners also buying an XBox SX or subbing to xCloud would be big for Microsoft. Whatever MS can do to change the metrics of being so behind Sony they should do. 

Around the Network

The Switch is the best selling console but they should not

I don't think they would do very well on the Switch tbh.

KLXVER said:

Things like Witcher 3 and Mortal Kombat are apparently 1+ million sellers on Switch. 

Think Halo would do 2+ million on Switch, Killer Instinct 750k-1 mill, Rare Replay 1+ million, Forza 1+ million too (not a lot of good racing games on Switch). Something like Battletoads would do alright too I think. 

Getting Master Chief into Smash Brothers would also be big. A new Banjo-Kazooie with a lower budget could be shared on XBox + Switch. Once Nintendo fans fall in love with an IP it's usually for a long, long time. 

Soundwave said:
KLXVER said:

Things like Witcher 3 and Mortal Kombat are apparently 1+ million sellers on Switch. 

Think Halo would do 2+ million on Switch, Killer Instinct 750k-1 mill, Rare Replay 1+ million, Forza 1+ million too (not a lot of good racing games on Switch). Something like Battletoads would do alright too I think. 

Getting Master Chief into Smash Brothers would also be big. A new Banjo-Kazooie with a lower budget could be shared on XBox + Switch. Once Nintendo fans fall in love with an IP it's usually for a long, long time. 

Witcher 3, MK are 1m+ sale? where is the source?

Around the Network

They should have maybe a five game dreal or something with Nintendo. Conker, Gears, Fable, Halo 1-3, and a Forza in exchange for five great Nintendo games with XSX horsepower under the hood. Both companies would benefit.

Halo on switch @60fps
KI as alternative for Smash
i dig it

gamepass on switch o lord i lost

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

So you suggest binging all their big ips to a cheaper more successful console, why even bother releasing a console then?

d21lewis said:
They should have maybe a five game dreal or something with Nintendo. Conker, Gears, Fable, Halo 1-3, and a Forza in exchange for five great Nintendo games with XSX horsepower under the hood. Both companies would benefit.

That actually sounds like a pretty nifty idea.  Just a small tease to each fan base to nudge second console owners in one direction.  Surprised something like that hasn’t been done before, especially with older first party games.

It wouldn't hurt MS to put a few 360 games on Switch.

d21lewis said:

1. Super Mario Run
2. Pokemon Go
3. Super Mario Kart/Mario Kart 64
4. LoZ Skyward Sword
5. Wii Music

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!