By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

Okay, I've finished the game. They had us in the first half, not gonna lie.

Great things:
-Graphics
-Gameplay

Meh things:
-Memories

Terrible things:
-Story about halfway through was like watching a plane crash and then another plane crashing into the crashed plane.

I'm actually terribly shocked at how much praise this game has received having finished it myself. Story is such an integral part of a game and I'm just left with a bad taste in my mouth.

On to Hitman 2 I guess - thanks Steam summer sale.

Around the Network

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer responded to the tweet congratulating Naughty Dog on the success of the game. "Congrats to you and the team on the success with a really great game," said Spencer.

"The Last of Us 2" is also number 1 in the second week of the UK. It has set a new year record in Germany and the UK. In total, over 4 million units were sold within 3 days! The game also has strong sales in Japan. Wonderful to see how popular single player games are! The developers thanked all players.

OhNoYouDont said:

Okay, I've finished the game. They had us in the first half, not gonna lie.

Great things:
-Graphics
-Gameplay

Meh things:
-Memories

Terrible things:
-Story about halfway through was like watching a plane crash and then another plane crashing into the crashed plane.

I'm actually terribly shocked at how much praise this game has received having finished it myself. Story is such an integral part of a game and I'm just left with a bad taste in my mouth.

On to Hitman 2 I guess - thanks Steam summer sale.

I'm sorry you didn't like the second part. For me it made perfect sense. And I was perfectly ready to hate because of the SJW agenda and leaks.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

An 80 and a 70 for today.
Will most likely drop to 93 the way its going
If that happens, curious to know if any other major title has dropped 3 full points after receiving 90 or so scores?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Two more critic reviews of 70 and 80. Reviews post-release have definitely been a lot more mixed.

ACG also released his video review and gave it a 'wait for sale'. I skipped to the end as I'm still attempting to avoid spoilers, so I can't say what all his critiques were.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:

Two more critic reviews of 70 and 80. Reviews post-release have definitely been a lot more mixed.

ACG also released his video review and gave it a 'wait for sale'. I skipped to the end as I'm still attempting to avoid spoilers, so I can't say what all his critiques were.

Have you started to play it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Shaunodon said:

No, I'm in no hurry. I was originally gonna wait a week or two, but I unexpectedly picked up an Xbox One X recently, so it's become more like a couple months now. After the recent reviews I likely will wait for a sale, though that's more a by-product of wanting to play through the games I've recently bought/started.

Shaunodon said:
DonFerrari said:

No, I'm in no hurry. I was originally gonna wait a week or two, but I unexpectedly picked up an Xbox One X recently, so it's become more like a couple months now. After the recent reviews I likely will wait for a sale, though that's more a by-product of wanting to play through the games I've recently bought/started.

It will be hard for you to keep avoiding spoilers if you wait for over 6 months until the price drop.

DonFerrari said:
Shaunodon said:

It will be hard for you to keep avoiding spoilers if you wait for over 6 months until the price drop.

I did say 'attempting'. 'Was already hard enough to avoid spoilers leading up to launch anyway. Not much has really changed. Some things will be spoiled, but I'm gonna try stay as fresh as possible. If I was desperate, I would've already bought it.

DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:

Probably some, but I have so many games I still didn't play with me already, even things like Vagrant Story and Metal Gear Solid V for example, games I REALLY want to play.

Damn I still didn't play Sekiro, I should really go play that game already, can't believe what looks to be the best game from last year still is in my to play list.

But where is the time for that =/

I have some games I have and didn't play yet, but my backlog of things I really want to play isn't big at the moment =p

stop slacking off and go play bushido blade now mister or no pocket money.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot