By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

Blood_Tears said:
Bonzinga said:

I wont deny that TLOU2 will be a definite contender for the GOTY, i was just alittle confused as to why a game sitting on a 93 isnt a chance. I mean TLOU won GOTY over GTA5 which outscored it which is my point.

Greg Miller is also bias towards Play Station so it wouldnt suprise me of his decisions either. Half Life Alyx will most likely get sub-catagoried which wouldnt be justifiable for such a talented game, it also shows we shouldnt take GOTY awards to seriously.

Cyberpunk will definity be in the talks, also we have Halo Infinite which is looking promising aswell. 

Also, with the recent delay of Cyberpunk to Nov 19th it may not make the cut off date for judges to submit their results in time for the VGA's. That's why Jedi Fallen Order (Nov 15th release 2019) and Smash Bros the year before didn't make the GoTY noms. If they follow the same trend as earlier years that will move Cyberpunk out till next year and leave TLoU2 and Half Life with possible others of Halo,  maybe FF7R?  

So sony will be competing with itself again with GOTY this year. But next year Horizon will face Cyberpunk.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm very against woke mentality and SJW in general. And pointed to you that this "agenda" was already in the making of TLOU, Left Behind, UC4, Lost Legacy and now TLOU2. In the other 4 games it didn't impact my pleasure playing at all so I'll wait to judge TLOU2 playing it, because it is quite different see and play. And not getting the full picture is one of the reasons Spoilers can be so damaging. But feel free to call ND liers, as you were free to say reviewers are all bought, afraid of the corporations, etc. Still we got like 10% of under 90 reviews even when you said no one would be allowed to give one.

No it wasent. With TLOU nothing was forced in any way. It dint even come into the main story so it afected nothing. Then in the Left Behind dlc it was done elegantly, not shoe horned or anything. You could have gone throw the entire DLC without expecting it untill the very end. Where that became an issue was with uncharted 4. It felt very force to a point that it broke realism and immersion. Comon man she took down 2 guys down on her own that just finished wiping out a small army. I will give you that aside from thouse forced moments the game was awsome and very enjoyable. 

And im not gona go into spoilers, but even with only thouse scenes available I can tell, that everything I enjoyed about the first game was taken away. Not just in SJW nonsese, but also a very crappy and completely unbelievable story.  

I was pissed with her on UC4 as well, but not exactly because she is a woman. But because I mawled every oponent in the 3 previous iterations and also when in control could do all I wanted against her, but on the out of control she would do two guys without even being hit. But that is a common thing in games, like you shooting against 50 oponents without issue and even taking some shots meaning nothing. But on CG a single shoot from an unknown enemy almost kill you.

When we both have played TLOU2 then we can say if it disapointed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

eva01beserk said:
Blood_Tears said:

Also, with the recent delay of Cyberpunk to Nov 19th it may not make the cut off date for judges to submit their results in time for the VGA's. That's why Jedi Fallen Order (Nov 15th release 2019) and Smash Bros the year before didn't make the GoTY noms. If they follow the same trend as earlier years that will move Cyberpunk out till next year and leave TLoU2 and Half Life with possible others of Halo,  maybe FF7R?  

So sony will be competing with itself again with GOTY this year. But next year Horizon will face Cyberpunk.

As much as I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk it was always unlikely going to complete directly with TLOU 2. Horizon and Cyberpunk is a more interesting match-up though. I'm guessing Cyberpunk 2077 will push higher in critical acclaim as its fresh and new.

DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:

No it wasent. With TLOU nothing was forced in any way. It dint even come into the main story so it afected nothing. Then in the Left Behind dlc it was done elegantly, not shoe horned or anything. You could have gone throw the entire DLC without expecting it untill the very end. Where that became an issue was with uncharted 4. It felt very force to a point that it broke realism and immersion. Comon man she took down 2 guys down on her own that just finished wiping out a small army. I will give you that aside from thouse forced moments the game was awsome and very enjoyable. 

And im not gona go into spoilers, but even with only thouse scenes available I can tell, that everything I enjoyed about the first game was taken away. Not just in SJW nonsese, but also a very crappy and completely unbelievable story.  

I was pissed with her on UC4 as well, but not exactly because she is a woman. But because I mawled every oponent in the 3 previous iterations and also when in control could do all I wanted against her, but on the out of control she would do two guys without even being hit. But that is a common thing in games, like you shooting against 50 oponents without issue and even taking some shots meaning nothing. But on CG a single shoot from an unknown enemy almost kill you.

I would be pissed even if it wasent a woman. The act itself no matter the gender broke immersion. And the bullet sponge thing is not really a point as the game just makes that all shots magically miss and when your health is low what ever shot hits you  its like the 1/100000000. So its like a luck meter actually. 

Trust me Ill play it even though im extremely disappointed. I cant say ill pay full price for it, but somewhere down the line ill get it preferably used as I dont want to support this game, but I owe it to the love for the first one to at least play it. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

hinch said:
eva01beserk said:

As much as I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk it was always unlikely going to complete directly with TLOU 2. Horizon and Cyberpunk is a more interesting match-up though. I'm guessing Cyberpunk 2077 will push higher in critical acclaim as its fresh and new.

I dont know about that. Cyberpunk was gona face all 8th gen titles and maybe one crosgen. But next year it will face a 9th gen exclusive sony game, and who knows what else releases next year thats 9th gen exclusive. While I dont think they will be necessarily better games, they will probably be graphically superior. 

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:

I would be pissed even if it wasent a woman. The act itself no matter the gender broke immersion. And the bullet sponge thing is not really a point as the game just makes that all shots magically miss and when your health is low what ever shot hits you  its like the 1/100000000. So its like a luck meter actually. 

Trust me Ill play it even though im extremely disappointed. I cant say ill pay full price for it, but somewhere down the line ill get it preferably used as I dont want to support this game, but I owe it to the love for the first one to at least play it. 

So are we in agreement that the choice of the woman to that fight isn`t the reason you got pissed so you shouldn`t be worried about this being SJW through the roof before playin?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:

So are we in agreement that the choice of the woman to that fight isn`t the reason you got pissed so you shouldn`t be worried about this being SJW through the roof before playin?

Again, I saw the leaks. I know theres plenty of sjw nonsense, but I also said the plot and character choices and development where also terrible. Remove the SJW crap and it would still be terrible. 

eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:

Again, I saw the leaks. I know theres plenty of sjw nonsense, but I also said the plot and character choices and development where also terrible. Remove the SJW crap and it would still be terrible. 

Well BraLOD said he saw one thrustworthy reviewer commenting that he was worried because the leaks as well, but after playing he can say it is the best game of the gen and that the leaks aren`t really precise and in context. With that I`m much more at ease, and coupled with the metacritic I`m just eager to play it.

John2290 said:
I think I might get it after seeing that gameplay, unless there is severe and genuine community backlash.

I considered cancelling my pre-order. But when they allowed 1 week prior reviews and the scores kept high I just relaxed and accepted to play it trying to like.

The hypocrisy of gaming journalism is glaring. Even Sony is playing double standards.

~Video edited out because it ignores prior thread warnings~

User banned for this post - Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 18 June 2020