By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

Cant wait to see people reactions during the weekend considering the plot.

Around the Network
EnricoPallazzo said:

BraLoD said:
src said:

1) we do not know the weights

2) 58% of the reviews are 100/100 thus far. 66% are >96. There being 20+ scores >96 is likely depending on how many reviews are still unaccounted for which we do not know

I think it will settle at 96, and 95 being more likely than 97 simply due to the EDGE weighting which is >1.

1. Yes we don't, still the first info I gave you was that it is the 17th from 22 games ranked into 96, which means it's on the lower end of the 96 sprectrum just like the weightless average points out. If you divide 17 for 22, and take it from 1 (1 - (17/22)) you see that if the 22 scores are evenly spread then TLoU2 has 0.22 into the 96 whole point range. Which lines perfectly with the weightless average (95.50 + 0.22 = 95.72, exactly the weightless average).

2. Even if it had 80% of 100/100, what matter is the average, and it has enough lower scores that are currently making it sit into the low 96 score range.

95 is probably the most likely score right now, but 97 is completely out of possibility as I proved into my last post, it would need only perfect scores from now on.

94 is actually way more likely than 97, actually.

Of course.  It's enough a clickbait 50/100 to lower the score, while another two 10/10 won't change that much as 100 is very close to 96.  Did you discover the warm water ? ;D

Anyway, Meta is 96 ! Oh yeah.   Many reviewers have described it as the best Game of this generation, and I cannot wait to play it.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

EnricoPallazzo said:

would it please you if people were unhappy with their purchase?

Lafiel said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

would it please you if people were unhappy with their purchase?

Of course not, but it will be definitely fun to see the repercussion.

Around the Network

A lot of people received the physical copy today. There is already a guy streaming on twitch. Will probably be taken down.

Edit: yeah he's down

Last edited by EnricoPallazzo - on 16 June 2020

Finally a new review

BraLoD said:
src said:

1) we do not know the weights

2) 58% of the reviews are 100/100 thus far. 66% are >96. There being 20+ scores >96 is likely depending on how many reviews are still unaccounted for which we do not know

I think it will settle at 96, and 95 being more likely than 97 simply due to the EDGE weighting which is >1.

1. Yes we don't, still the first info I gave you was that it is the 17th from 22 games ranked into 96, which means it's on the lower end of the 96 sprectrum just like the weightless average points out. If you divide 17 for 22, and take it from 1 (1 - (17/22)) you see that if the 22 scores are evenly spread then TLoU2 has 0.22 into the 96 whole point range. Which lines perfectly with the weightless average (95.50 + 0.22 = 95.72, exactly the weightless average).

2. Even if it had 80% of 100/100, what matter is the average, and it has enough lower scores that are currently making it sit into the low 96 score range.

95 is probably the most likely score right now, but 97 is completely out of possibility as I proved into my last post, it would need only perfect scores from now on.

94 is actually way more likely than 97, actually.

96 is more likely than 94 which you said it wouldn't stay at. It will either be 96 or 95, no chance at either 94 or 97.

Last 12 reviews ignoring weighted scores give in an average of 97.4

Bonzinga said:
Kowan said:

"Absolutely incredible scores! Also, TLoU2 now over takes Persona 5 Royal as the highest rated game and exclusive this year!

Those scores represent a nice FU to all the haters who came into any TLoU article with Sony is woke crap and posting leaks on purpose because they are salty. It will get even better for them when they see Neil Druckmann on stage with Geoff Keighley at the VGA’s to collect the Game of the Year award! "

"Half Life Alyx might block Neil's path."

So ill ask again what has metascores got to do with GOTY?

The reply with Half Life Alyx in it was because it is a game that will contend GOTY (if they dont sub catagory it)

I was specifically replying to those statements about the scores. TLOU2 has 96 and Alyx has 93. The way I understood it is that the scores were being used as a major point in determining who the GOTY will be. So I won't be answering the question about what metascores have to do with being GOTY, as I only thought the one who replied about Alyx did not know about the score of Alyx.

Metascore never ensures if a game is going to be GOTY. Gow won with a metascore of 94 against RDR2 with a meta of 97.

But there are many gaming sites or institutions that have game awards every year. But for the average gamer, the VGA is the most “prestige” (which probably is).

I would count TLOU 2 as GOTY yet since we already had the sacrilege of Overwatch in 2016.