By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA big announcement that would shake the game Industry and the world is "Game Gear Micro "? What is your opinion?

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes, i am going to buy it 5 12.50%

Oh No 3 7.50%

Looking forward to it 1 2.50%

facepalm 31 77.50%

Total:40

Gotta say, that's one expensive (and fully functional) paperweight

Around the Network

Even the VMU of my Dreamcast is better to play games on.

I feel attacked that I want this.

Are you calling me stupid, Sega!?

Pyro as Bill said:
Ka-pi96 said:
What's a game gear?

It's like a PSV from the 90s.

I'd honour the Game Gear with PSP status. 

Too expensive for the size it is and it only has four games. This is disappointing.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Around the Network
Fallawful said:
Pyro as Bill said:

It's like a PSV from the 90s.

I'd honour the Game Gear with PSP status. 

Depends how you measure it.

Relative to Nintendo's handheld, it's a PSV.

Relative to every other non-Nintendo handheld, it's a PSP.

edit - I didn't know Game Gear had a successor exclusive to the US so maybe not quite a PSV.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Captain_Yuri said:
As my incorrectly opinionated ex used to say... Why so small?

The micro makes me ask the same question as your ex while adding a more important question  how does it perform.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Screen size is 1.15 inches (approx 3 cm).  WTF?  I CAN'T EVEN MAKE OUT SONIC AT THAT SIZE!  How can anyone ever think this was a good idea?  At this point I hope their trolling me so I won't suspect an actually important reveal tomorrow.

I don't know the exact conversion rate with yen, but about 40$ for one of these with only four games.... It's kind of laughable compared to something like the NES Classic, which has 30 games and retails for 60$. It's definitely overpriced but it seems like a fun novelty, and it almost seems like it's purpose is to be a novelty. If it outputs to TV, or the screen magnifier it comes with actually works, it would make for a fun little handheld. This clearly seems like it's supposed to cater to Japanese audiences and I don't see them coming to the US unless if the lineups change for some, especially the yellow model.

The gunstar heroes game gear port is insanely impressive. Not sure how it will play on that tiny screen though. There's a lot going on in that game.