Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Xenoblade Chronicles DE will sell 1.5 million units in it's first month

Do you agree?

Yes it will sell 1.5 million in a month. 13 39.39%
 
No it will sell less. 18 54.55%
 
Yes, but it will sell more! 2 6.06%
 
Total:33

I wish but I highly doubt it. Hope I am wrong tho.



Bite my shiny metal Cockpit!

Around the Network
Metallox said:
MasonADC said:
Can Nintendo even ship 1.5 million units at this moment?

What would be their impediment to not do so? 

The last big gaming release, FF7R, suffered from shortage for like a month and it still might be continuing. Even if production isn’t impacted as much shipping worldwide is still an issue 



I'll risk and vote yes. But the chances are slim considering that no game in the series even sold 1.5m LT



 

Hmmm...yeah, sounds doable.  I think XC2 did slightly more than that lifetime.  This is one of those situations where I could see XC1 either far underselling or far overselling this amount.  

Plusses:
-Highest rated game in series
-Improved graphics and extra content
-Already sold about 1.5m to a built in fanbase (Wii + 3DS).
-Switch is a popular platform and seems to boost software sales
-Bigger install base compared to XC2 release
-Corona is boosting sales 

Minuses:
-It's a port.
-XC2 didn't sell this fast and during a December.

Overall, I think the plusses outweigh the minuses.  My guess is that it can do it, but who knows?



derpysquirtle64 said:
I'll risk and vote yes. But the chances are slim considering that no game in the series even sold 1.5m LT

Xenoblade 2 is close to surpassing 2 million if it hasn’t already 



Around the Network

I could maybe see it doing 1 million, 1.5 is a bit steep for a month. But honestly it really depends on how well it takes off outside of the current fanbase. I think it's likely a lot of people who already loved the original will end up getting this either launch day or soon after, but others may be more hesitant, and considering Xenoblade 2 has only sold around 1.7m lifetime, I'm inclined to believe a lot who didn't buy that game will also skip out here.

All in all I think this is a genuinely hard one to predict sales for since the series has had a very strange history, but I will say it is definitely possible. I'm leaning toward a lower number though. I'm gonna guess around 1 million, probably over 2 million total.



derpysquirtle64 said:
I'll risk and vote yes. But the chances are slim considering that no game in the series even sold 1.5m LT

XC 2 has currently sold more than 2 million units....



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Zero_Revolution said:
I could maybe see it doing 1 million, 1.5 is a bit steep for a month. But honestly it really depends on how well it takes off outside of the current fanbase. I think it's likely a lot of people who already loved the original will end up getting this either launch day or soon after, but others may be more hesitant, and considering Xenoblade 2 has only sold around 1.7m lifetime, I'm inclined to believe a lot who didn't buy that game will also skip out here.

All in all I think this is a genuinely hard one to predict sales for since the series has had a very strange history, but I will say it is definitely possible. I'm leaning toward a lower number though. I'm gonna guess around 1 million, probably over 2 million total.

XC 2 has sold, the last time we heard(which was March of 2019), 1.74 million units. Considering the pace it was selling, and being a highly rated game that was also extremely well received, it's fair to assume that it's already above 2 millions.

But there is more: XC DE is launching on a period that it has no competition from Nintendo itself. AC released more than 2 months ago, and the next big title is Paper Mario is July.Sure there are third party games releasing, but they are either port of old games or games that are nowhere as big or acclaimed as XC.

I don't know, I have a good feeling about this game. Monolith soar in popularity, alongside the favorable conditions, will make XC DE the best selling entry in the franchise so far. That's what my gut feeling is telling me, anyways.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

MasonADC said:
Metallox said:

What would be their impediment to not do so? 

The last big gaming release, FF7R, suffered from shortage for like a month and it still might be continuing. Even if production isn’t impacted as much shipping worldwide is still an issue 

Its like you are blissfully unaware of Animal Crossing shattering records without any shortage issues.



newwil7l said:
MasonADC said:

The last big gaming release, FF7R, suffered from shortage for like a month and it still might be continuing. Even if production isn’t impacted as much shipping worldwide is still an issue 

Its like you are blissfully unaware of Animal Crossing shattering records without any shortage issues.

Something tells me that animal crossing would be a higher priority than a remake of a JRPG. ACNH also were shipped way before covid became an issue in a lot of places. I’m not sure why you are acting like shipping isn’t an issue when it really is common sense and I don’t want to continue this if you can’t acknowledge that basic fact