By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - After weeks of rumors, Snyder Cut of Justice League confirmed for HBO Max in 2021

I'm pretty confident that it will still be terrible

Around the Network

This has been a recurring meme for so long its actually funny they are releasing it.
That said, that movie was all kinds of terrible, I cant imagine this cut making it any better. It was plain bad, not even "so bad its good" material.

Still, be a turd. Just a different take on the same turd. Snyder makes visually interesting terrible films. What would be different thsi time?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Still, be a turd. Just a different take on the same turd. Snyder makes visually interesting terrible films. What would be different thsi time?

No stupid looking CGI Superman face... Hans Zimmer/Junkie XL themes (thank god, because Danny Elfman's soundtrack was generic and unmemorable)

It will at least be consistent and not a jarring tonal difference from the previous films.

the soundtrack alone will make it a much better film. Not saying it will be great, but it will be better than what we got. And hey, a lot of fans are happy and will support this, so what is the harm exactly?

1doesnotsimply

Leynos said:

Back when he got taken off of justice league the rumour going around was that it was borderline unwatchable.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Leynos said:

Snyder makes visually interesting films?

300 and Sucker Punch had a great look to them. Batman Dream Sequence looked cool. Sucker Punch had a lot of great imagery but it was a bad film, it looked like a live action anime. Batman's dream looked nice but added nothing. It was nothing. So yes he does.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Fuckin' A. I'm so glad WB finally relented. I know most people hate Snyder's DC films but I'm certainly not one of them. I loved Man of Steel, BvS and I can't wait to see his complete vision for Justice League.

I'm confident the movie will still be bad. That said, it will probably be better than the theatrical cut. Only because how could it be worse?

Justice League was the worst of Snyder's narrative incoherence and loud, stupefying action, mixed with a lot of last-minute revisions and tonal changes that destroyed any sense of continuity or cohesion. With this director's cut, we still get all of Snyder's bad instincts but at least the production will unfold according to a single vision.

So less lighter moments and more dark and grisly theme in slow motion ?
I doubt it’ll make the movie better.
Pass.

HBO clearly wants people to remember the finale of Game of Thrones more fondly, but there must have been better options than this.