By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Titanfall game currently in development, the Titanfall game Zampella teased in early 2019 seems to have been cancelled

Dang TitanFall 2 was soo good

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Well it helped spawn Apex Legends which I've logged 900 hours on 😂 so can't complain too much.

I won't miss it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I can always boot up GOTG Titanfall 1 if I want some quality MP.

Captain_Yuri said:
Dang TitanFall 2 was soo good

Nah the second was ok , the first one was better.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I've reached a point where I legitimately hate EA these days. They have done so many shitty things just in the last 7 years. They recently killed off Star Wars Battlefront 2 support, in spite of increasing player counts for the game and the DLC team at DICE wanting to continue support for the game, with no Battlefront 3 in development currently. They acquired Respawn and then killed Titanfall, leaving us with the rather meh Apex instead. They killed Visceral and Dead Space. They acquired 10 year Star Wars exclusivity in 2013, and it's looking like we're going to get just 4 Star Wars games out of that deal now (Battlefront 1 and 2, Fallen Order 1 and 2), with a reported 4 Star Wars games cancelled by EA that were in development (Amy Hennig's Star Wars game at Visceral, the EA Vancouver star wars game that was going to use assets from the cancelled Visceral game, the smaller star Wars game that EA planned to have ready for next-gen launch later this year, and a Battlefront spin-off). Bioware feels like they're on deaths doorstep after Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem flopped, if they don't nail Dragon Age 4 they will be lost. They shrunk Popcap, who now mainly makes mobile games, we haven't gotten a new console Bejeweled all gen, or a new Peggle since the beginning of the gen. They shrunk Maxis, we haven't gotten an actual new game from them since 2014, just expansions for Sims 4.

It feels like everything EA touches turns to shit. They have the opposite of the Midas touch. 

I've felt like that for years. They bought and killed a lot of my favorite studios back in the 1990s-2000s, notably Origin and Maxis.

Unfortunately, until the NFL and FIFA take exclusivity away from EA and allow companies like Konami and 2K to compete, they'll be able to keep being shitty with no repercussions. 

I've always said that if I had the opportunity to change just one thing in video gaming, I'd be Sega at CES 1992 and sabotage Madden 92. EA basically blackmailed Sega into giving them a sweetheart licensing deal. EA has never liked Nintendo because Nintendo refuses to kiss their asses.

RolStoppable said:
Reminds me of the thread about a Titanfall developer who laughed about Switch's chances for success and my snarky response was that he should be more worried about his own series' future.

Sounds like you're glad it happened, like cutting your own nose off to spite them, based on your favourite piece of plastic of brand name being mildly insulted by one person out of 7+ billion.

Either way, I liked both games and I'm sad that they've basically been bought out by EA and pretty much forced onto other projects. The franchise could have been something more, had it not been an MP only based game from the start. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

RolStoppable said:

No more Titanfall does no harm to me, so the saying that you cite does not apply here.

Don't say?.

I mean, I'd give you the benefit of the doubt..if you weren't someone called Rol.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

RolStoppable said:
Reminds me of the thread about a Titanfall developer who laughed about Switch's chances for success and my snarky response was that he should be more worried about his own series' future.

I think I remember about it and another ex-famous dev on a failed franchise that was "worried" about other companies failing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RolStoppable said:

I guess that's a lesson in humility for that dev.