By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Action RPG from Tales guys SCARLET NEXUS announced!

About

• Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (Steam)
  • Genre: Japanese RPG
  • Release Date: TBC
  • Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
  • Developer: Bandai Namco Studios
  • Players: One
  • Ratings: Ratings Pending
  • Localization:
    • Subtitles: English, Neutral Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese
    • Voice-Overs: English and Japanese
  • Online: No (TBC)
  • Retail Price: $59.99

In a far distant future, a psionic hormone was discovered in the human brain, granting people extra-sensory powers and changing the world as we know it.

Just as humanity was entering this new era, deranged mutants known as Others began to descend from the sky with a thirst for human brains. Highly resistant to conventional attack methods, extreme measures needed to be taken to battle the overwhelming threat and preserve humanity.

Those with acute extra-sensory abilities, known as psionics, were our chance to fight the onslaught from above. To this day, psionics have been scouted for their talents and recruited to the Other Suppression Force (OSF), humanity’s last line of defense.

Take on the role of Yuito Sumeragi, a new recruit to the OSF aiming to become an elite psionic like the one who saved him as a child. Armed with a talent in psycho-kinesis, explore the futuristic city of New Himuka and uncover the mysteries of a Brain Punk future caught between technology and psychic abilities in Scarlet Nexus.

Key Features

• Kinetic Psychic Combat – Using psycho-kinetic abilities, the world around you becomes your greatest weapon. Lift, break and throw pieces of your environment to build your attack combos and lay waste to your enemies.
  • Exterminate the Others – Deranged mutants that descended from the sky, highly resistant to conventional attack methods and defenses. Tormented by the constant pain of their mutation, they seek brains of living organisms to calm their madness.
  • Discover a Brain Punk Future – Explore and protect a futuristic Japanese landscape that combines inspirations from classic anime and western science fiction.
  • Deep Story Driven Experience – Dive into a complex story of bonds, courage and heroism crafted by minds behind the iconic Tales of Vesperia.

Around the Network

Immediately reminded of Astral Chain and not because I am currently playing it. Looks great and hopefully out early next gen.

Out of all the games I saw in the xbox event, I was excited for this one the most! Glad to see it's coming to Steam but too bad it's skipping the Switch.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It does look great, I'd be looking forward to this one.

Cool I will get this Astral Chain ripoff when it comes to PS4. Looks fun.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

So is it only solo fights? And do I have to play as Mr Generic McGenericson?

It looks alright but I need a lot more gameplay info to get excited about it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hmm No Switch sku? Interesting move there.

Looks SO much more generic than Astral Chain. But honestly, if it doesn't end up having elements which conflict with one another, then it might end up being about as good or even better. Doubt it, but it's possible.

Edit: This doesn't even look like Astral Chain and I am now pouring hot wax on myself for even entertaining the comparison. This looks so much more like Code Vein, which is literally from the same publisher, than Astral Chain.

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 08 May 2020

Reminds me of Astral Chain from the first sight. Actually, this was the best game they've shown at Xbox show yesterday. But the big question is - will they be able to execute this type of game right. Because if gameplay will be subpar or some buggy mess, it will all go to waste. Gameplay is the key for these style of game. Everything else is secondary. Platinum Games are viewed as the golden standard for action games for a reason.

NGL but this looks generic as all hell, and typical for Bamco.

I'll wait for more trailers/info, and if I'm interested, I'll wait for another 2 years (because Bamco are greedy like that) for a price drop, because fuck Bamco's tax.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"