By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Covid-19 changed your video game buying habits?

How have your video game buying habits changed?

Buying most everything online 0 0%

Buying digital only 2 10.00%

Mix of online/digital 1 5.00%

Stopped buying games 3 15.00%

Haven’t changed (alread... 14 70.00%

Total:20

So, I am curious.  With things shut done obviously the way we have bought video games may have changed.  Some people may have started shopping online or digital.  Some may have cut back on how much they bought.  I’m curious how this pandemic has affected you guys.

As for myself, I have been digital only for years, before this generation eve released.  So it hasn’t really affected me at all.  

Last edited by gergroy - on 07 May 2020

Around the Network

Nope I still buy my Physical copies online as I always have and whilst it remains vastly cheaper to do so than buy digital I will continue that way.

Nope.

75% Digital PS4
100% Digital Switch.

Doesn't matter to me, since I live in a semi-rural area I've order my physical games online out of convenience, pandemic or no pandemic.

I have temporarily stopped buying physical games. The only way I can get them now is by buying them online. And since the whole point of this situation we are living is to "stay inside" as much as possible, I don't think it would be responsable for my part to make delivery guys come to my house to give me an insignificant and absolutely expendable videogame.

So I haven't bought some games that where on my radar like Persona 5 Royal, Final Fantasy VII Remake and Trials of Mana.

That being said, since the situation is getting better where I live, I may relax my position to buy Xenoblade Chronicles. 

But even if I wouldn't care about the health of people, I don't have a job right now and I will probably won't get one in the near future. Here in Mallorca tourism is pretty everything for many people. And I'm no exception. And with the covid... Well, you can imagine the situation. I work at a hotel as a maintenance guy, but I was not a permanent employee. The hotel will most likely not open this summer and since I'm a temporary employee I have no right to unemployement benefits. So... The coming months are gonna be rather challenging. Next year everything will probably be normal, but 2020 will suck for me xD

It's not the end of the world. I have enough money to live relatively well for some time. But any unnecessary expenses are a no no. Xenoblade Chronicles will be the only game I will buy probably until next year. Unless I can somehow find a job of course... 

Around the Network

I've only bought online during the pandemic, but they were PAL and Asia imports that I would have ordered online anyway.  If anything comes out that I would normally go to Best Buy or other brick and mortar, I'll probably order online for a while as well.  For the most part, I only buy digital on lower priced indie games.  When it comes to full retail, I prefer to actually have the physical game.

It was pretty easy actually, considering that there hasn't been a game worth buying yet this year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Still working full time, and still playing Switch during downtime at my job. No it has not affected me as far as my gaming goes.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

The only game I've bought this year is Street of Rage 4, digital.
I've also bought Beat Saber music packs and Ark DLC (for my kids), that's all.
Oh I forgot about Dreams, bought that digital as well, played it for a week, forgot about it :/

So 100% digital for me this year and gaming less in general now my kids are always home and going to bed later.

I am still buying physical movies now and then from amazon like I've been doing since the late 90's. Not as often anymore, Netflix has taken over my viewing habits.

My next game purchase may be SnowRunner, digital. When I have time to play it, or I could perhaps try some of my huge backlog :/ All this crap nowadays have got me less interested in gaming.

Covid19 hasn't changed my buying habits but it has helped me clear out my backlog. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 07 May 2020