By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart North American Online Open Tournament - Win 2,500 My Nintendo Gold Points!

sethnintendo said:
My Nintendo points are so worthless they are practically giving them away.

As long as you download games sometimes, gold points are valuable.

Platinum points on the other hand still can't be used for Switch titles.  But, in Nintendo's defense, they've only had about three years to Switch over from Wii U and 3ds.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
sethnintendo said:
My Nintendo points are so worthless they are practically giving them away.

Platinum points on the other hand still can't be used for Switch titles.  But, in Nintendo's defense, they've only had about three years to Switch over from Wii U and 3ds.

Yep going to register my physical games tonight.  There are only few titles that I'm interested on eshop right now.  Main ones looking to maybe purchase would be Dead Cells and Golf Story.  Should be able to get at least 2 or 3 dollars off.

sethnintendo said:
JWeinCom said:

Yep going to register my physical games tonight.  There are only few titles that I'm interested on eshop right now.  Main ones looking to maybe purchase would be Dead Cells and Golf Story.  Should be able to get at least 2 or 3 dollars off.

When I used to work at Best Buy they used to have physical codes in the boxes.  And people would come in a lot of the times to trade in with them still there, and I would take them.  I was balling with coins.

Technically, it starts now, but Nintendo messed it up.

Tried to join and it wouldn't let me :-/

Around the Network

They just fixed it now.

Two straight 11th place finishes. Don't think I'm winnning the gold.

3/4 1st places, one 4th (I got blueshelled at the very end FUCK)

Does anyone know how the number of points you receive from each race is calculated?

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

And I totally forgot about this event. xD

Mar1217 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Interesting, after all this time to have a tournament like this, but eh better late than never. My skills are not what they once were, but I might give it a shot anyway. Thanks for the heads up!

Also, it says the tournament runs for 6 hours, but because there's a max possible amount of points you can get, you gotta start racing right away. I'm assuming they'll only give away gold points to the first 8 people who reached the highest score, rather than to everyone who reaches it.

You think some peeps will manage to actually win 24 races in a row ?

Anywoo I'll partake in just to get some rust off my kart. Was always a good Top 3 in most races so I should get a nice score. (Unless it is 200CC racing lol)

Of course, I'm sure you've been in a lobby with "dat 1 guy" who wins every round. Should especially happens since tournaments don't use any skill based matchmaking afaik.