By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thinking about getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions

TMS is kind of just fine really.

I mean, the game dosent have big flaws or anything, it just lacks ambition and polish.Most of the characters are not well fleshed out, it has no english dub, the story is not that engaging, and so on.Thats especially dissapointing after the masterful Persona 5.

It really depends on your tastes, but most games on your list are better than TMS.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Xxain said:
Very polarized. Curl had me about ready to drop it, but Leynos has me rethinking. I loooove Grandia series.

curl-6 only watched his brother play the game, plus he loathes almost every JRPG there is. Just something you should know.

Or he simply has good tastes.That's also probable.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

I don't loathe JRPGs, at all. I like a lot of them; Xenoblade Chronicles was one of my top 10 games of the 2010s and I thoroughly enjoyed many others like its sequels, The Last Story, Monster Hunter Tri, etc.

We both know that that is a lie. If you liked a lot of JRPGs, you wouldn't be complaining about game droughts on Switch because there are already dozens of JRPGs on Switch.

Nautilus said:

He just listed The Last Story and Monster Hunter Tri. We can safely rule out that he has good taste.

For someone who likes the Atelier series, it's hard to take you seriously in this regard.

Nautilus said:
RolStoppable said:

curl-6 only watched his brother play the game, plus he loathes almost every JRPG there is. Just something you should know.

Eh his avatar is from a pretty poor game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

I don't loathe JRPGs, at all. I like a lot of them; Xenoblade Chronicles was one of my top 10 games of the 2010s and I thoroughly enjoyed many others like its sequels, The Last Story, Monster Hunter Tri, etc.

We both know that that is a lie. If you liked a lot of JRPGs, you wouldn't be complaining about game droughts on Switch because there are already dozens of JRPGs on Switch.

Nautilus said:

He just listed The Last Story and Monster Hunter Tri. We can safely rule out that he has good taste.

The Last Story is great

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

That's not specifically a JRPG thing, my standards for games in general are quite particular.

RolStoppable said:
Nautilus said:

For someone who likes the Atelier series, it's hard to take you seriously in this regard.

You haven't even played an Atelier game.

I played Riza, and it was a dissapointment, to be frank.

RolStoppable said:
Nautilus said:

I played Riza, and it was a dissapointment, to be frank.

If you have a physical copy, send it to me. I'll take it off of you free of charge.

Unfortunely it was digital, otherwise I would take you up on the offer.

So, you guys made this choice more difficult lol, but here is the plan: I'm going to get this game but not in this stack. I'm already playing through a meaty JRPG right now and 2 will probably burn me out. I think it will be in the third stack because XenoBlade Chronicles will 100% in the next stack and again don't wanna play 2 JRPG"s at the same time.

Astral Chain first, then Daemon X Machina (wont be talked outta this) and finally Links Awakening. Next stack is:

1. Xenoblade
2. Kirby
3. Go Vacation or Mario and Sonic.

One of the most painfully average JRPGs I've played tbh.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."