By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - INTERVIEW: MICROSOFT'S CONSOLE WAR

@Zen are u jokin are u judging all this by a quick post he made on a online forum
is that what u need for a self-esteem boost
chillout

Around the Network

Didn't see it mentioned, but apparently now the Xbox is complimenting the Wii experience.

I recal reading in several places a year ago where the Wii was no more then a second system to the 360.

oliist said:
Wake up Microsofties.The people are upgrading from Wii to Xbox360?Wishful thinking.

When they go through puberty.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Dno said:
De85 said:
Dno said:
SleepWaking said:
Dno said:
lol you dont no a good game when you see one.... but i bet you your fav movie has no immature Violence.....must be a very boring movie......

So only when something has immature Violence it is interesting??? I don't think you should talk about preferences.

Not at all. He said MGS4 and GTA4 some of the BEST games ever was wack because you can kill people. when both have awesome graphics, story, gameplay,replay vaule (even before the online was added) and some of the most talented people working on them.

I just used movies as an example of how jaded the remark He said was. (because i no for a fact his fav movie has a little shooting in it.) if you dont like the games thats fine but dont call them stupid because you can kill people thats not what the complete games are about its only one small part of a wonderful game that both WILL turn out to be.

I'm glad you've played MGS4 and GTA4 already and can provide us with some insights into their story, gameplay, replayability, etc... Please go on, and tell me where I can get my copies aleady.

I was of course talking about past series, expections, and the dozens of previews ive seen and so should you. If MGS4 or GTV4 gets lower then a 85% or 90% then ill give you money.

GTA and MGS you actaully think will not be good? your a fool.

With those 4's and the word will you were definitely not talking about past series. 

I'm not saying the games will be bad, just that you can't assume anything until they come out.  The past strength of a franchise means absolutely nothing for the quality of future games, Mario Sunshine anyone?

De85 said:
Dno said:
De85 said:
Dno said:
SleepWaking said:
Dno said:
lol you dont no a good game when you see one.... but i bet you your fav movie has no immature Violence.....must be a very boring movie......

So only when something has immature Violence it is interesting??? I don't think you should talk about preferences.

Not at all. He said MGS4 and GTA4 some of the BEST games ever was wack because you can kill people. when both have awesome graphics, story, gameplay,replay vaule (even before the online was added) and some of the most talented people working on them.

I just used movies as an example of how jaded the remark He said was. (because i no for a fact his fav movie has a little shooting in it.) if you dont like the games thats fine but dont call them stupid because you can kill people thats not what the complete games are about its only one small part of a wonderful game that both WILL turn out to be.

I'm glad you've played MGS4 and GTA4 already and can provide us with some insights into their story, gameplay, replayability, etc... Please go on, and tell me where I can get my copies aleady.

I was of course talking about past series, expections, and the dozens of previews ive seen and so should you. If MGS4 or GTV4 gets lower then a 85% or 90% then ill give you money.

GTA and MGS you actaully think will not be good? your a fool.

With those 4's and the word will you were definitely not talking about past series.

I'm not saying the games will be bad, just that you can't assume anything until they come out. The past strength of a franchise means absolutely nothing for the quality of future games, Mario Sunshine anyone?

Sunshine was good. Well I liked it. 

Around the Network

But yeah, it's always good, even if it's close, to beat the PS3. For us, one of the things we've said is that we're going to be really careful to watch any sort of signs for the Blu-ray impact, and it seems pretty clear that while Blu-ray may have won, consumers don't care. PS3 sales have actually declined week over week and month to month since the format war has ended. Games are what sell systems, and we feel pretty good about where we're at in that position.

Apparently Sales have doubled yoy from last year for March. Seems that many consumers do somewhat care about Blu-ray.

That's quite a claim to say that the battle for the core user is over. PlayStation 3 has got LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 coming. Do you really feel it's safe to say that you guys have won the core?

Yeah. I think the type of audience that they are going after with many of those games, frankly, are Xbox 360 owners...They're trying to go after a consumer that has already bought an Xbox 360, and frankly has a much broader lineup with more titles and more exclusives. You could say that they showed up with too little, too late.

Alot of people I know trading in their console or buying a second console for these PS3 games.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.