By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Japanese Fans choose Top 50 Manga with which they identify themselves

OTBWY said:
There is no Berserk cause everyone has forgotten about it since it's like 1 chapter a year. Then again, Hunter x Hunter is on that list.

Most on that list are not even near the level of art/quality work that Berserk is,and yeah waiting for the Berserk story to finish is a special kind of torture.

Around the Network

So glad to see gintama in there and at number 3. The best piece of fiction I know. Fruits basket is in there as well. Would've loved something like bungou stray dogs, bakuman, and barakamon. Even prince of tennis is in there. Thought gintama deserves the top spot for sure.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Salnax said:
Nice to see that people still remember Ranma.

Same here! Ranma is a classic and still one of my all time favorites!

Farsala said:
Bleach still competitive at #8 despite the manga finishing and the anime hiatus. Even far above the likes of D.Gray Man, Fairy Tail, Dragon Ball, and Attack on Titan.

Bleach is just that good :D  So glad the anime is coming back!!!! *HYPED!!!

is this the correct place for this topic ? i'm not sure. Maybe "General Discussion" is better ?

Hiku said:
MasonADC said:
Should I be worry that people define themselves with death note

I think OP meant titles that readers chose as their favorite.
Don't see anything about "identify themselves" (with) in the tweet.

That is what I was thinking. A strange word to use.

I'd be worried as some of that anime to identify yourself to is disturbing lol.

Around the Network

Haikyuu is so wonderful. Love the Characters and Soundtracks.

So Slam Dunk is the highest among not only sport mangas but also mangas that are retired (and over 20 years at that)... it really is a fantastic manga and nedd a sequel =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
So Slam Dunk is the highest among not only sport mangas but also mangas that are retired (and over 20 years at that)... it really is a fantastic manga and nedd a sequel =]

Is that a manga about basketball players because it sounds like it although I don't think too many Asians can dunk.  Heck I'm 6'3 and can't even dunk. I'm white though and I'll use that excuse till I die.

sethnintendo said:
DonFerrari said:

Is that a manga about basketball players because it sounds like it although I don't think too many Asians can dunk.  Heck I'm 6'3 and can't even dunk. I'm white though and I'll use that excuse till I die.

White man can't jump is a great movie (or whatever is the name in USA).

Slam Dunk is the most sold sport manga in Japan, it is about basketball and without any super power.

It is almost real, the only think that is forced is the level of hability a japanese high schooler would have. They play close to the level of an average NBA team.

I'm white and 5'10" or so, and during my teenager time I touched the ring but couldn't put my wrist above to dunk. One inch or two and I would be able to dunk with easy. I had good impulsion.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
sethnintendo said:

White man can't jump is a great movie (or whatever is the name in USA).

Slam Dunk is the most sold sport manga in Japan, it is about basketball and without any super power.

It is almost real, the only think that is forced is the level of hability a japanese high schooler would have. They play close to the level of an average NBA team.

I'm white and 5'10" or so, and during my teenager time I touched the ring but couldn't put my wrist above to dunk. One inch or two and I would be able to dunk with easy. I had good impulsion.

Well you are from Brazil so you probably have more mixed blood than me.  I'm sure you have some Spanish or I mean Portuguese in you.  I believe they eat Mexican jumping beans to jump higher.