By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valorant

Valorant is a new game by Riot games that's currently in alpha. A lot of streamers are playing it and the games been getting over a million streams constantly because to join the alpha you have to watch streams and the streams will have drops. If ou get a drop you'll get an access code for the alpha. Has anyone been playing it and if so is it any good?

Around the Network

Not really a fan of it tbh, though I'm also not a fan of CSGO either, and I got bored of Overwatch years ago.

Seems like Riot are just copying others, in order to claim the desired top spot. Though this isn't Riot's goal, no, that goal goes to Tencent.

That said, I do feel like this game won't "kill" games like CSGO or OW, but I also feel like it'll be a passing fad like Fornite (by fad I mean you have to see this game live longer and thrive more than TF2/CSGO/Minecraft, in order to not be a brief few years fad).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

THAT'S WHY omg thank youuu. I was like, this look good but it really came out of nowhere and doesn't look that groundbreaking to do these numbers that fast. All makes sense now. It is indeed a good marketing strategy.

Chazore said:
Not really a fan of it tbh, though I'm also not a fan of CSGO either, and I got bored of Overwatch years ago.

Seems like Riot are just copying others, in order to claim the desired top spot. Though this isn't Riot's goal, no, that goal goes to Tencent.

That said, I do feel like this game won't "kill" games like CSGO or OW, but I also feel like it'll be a passing fad like Fornite (by fad I mean you have to see this game live longer and thrive more than TF2/CSGO/Minecraft, in order to not be a brief few years fad).

I haven't got into the alpha but the game looks really fun. The gunplay looks to be more snappy that csgo and overwatch and the maps look great too.

Never heard of it or Riot games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Riot games are the developers of League of Legends 

jason1637 said:
Leynos said:

Heard of League but know nothing about it

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
jason1637 said:

Heard of League but know nothing about it

One of the highest grossing game of all time, most successful MOBA so far.

Had over 100m user at some point.

They announced 5 new games last year, first was an autochess in lol client, second is a CCG, Valorant (FPS) is third and we know they are developping a fighting game in lol's universe.

They were acquired by Tencent a few years ago.

LoL is a landmark in esport history, with a lot of investment in enormous events. They are probably looking to diversify in the esport scene considering their investments in CCG, FPS and fighting games. Their autochess (Teamfight Tactics) seems doom to never find competitive success tho.

good copy, but i doubt that those not getting paid to stream it will keep playing it
to much invested in csgo etc

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.