By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Theorists spoil a big FF7 Remake moment in the thumbnail and title of video.Do not go to their channel!

Leynos said:
Jabba89 said:

Checks the game title 🤔

I understand what you are saying but that just cracked me up.

OP claims they spoiled the remake with the thumbnail. I proved they didn't. The thumbnail is the cutscene from the 1997 game. The video is about the 1997 game. Yeah I don't care what bullshit marketing they use. It's not a remake. It's a reboot. Not hashing that over again. A spoiler from the 1951 film The Thing From Another World does not spoil the reboot of 1982's The Thing. A spoiler from Terminator 1 doesn't spoil Terminator Genisys.

FF7 "Remake" went Terminator Genisys with the story so now they are bound to change a lot of things. New timeline. New story. New game. If someone has lived under a rock for 23 years and is upset over the worst kept secret in any game ever. That's their fault. If you want to avoid Rosebud is a Sled or Vader is Lukes dad moment in gaming. Don't g to gaming forums and Youtube channels. It's iconics pop culture now. Nintendo has spoiled the ending of Metroid with every smash bros game just by showing zero suits Samus. People don't seem upset there. Romeo and Juliet both die in the end. 300-year-old story. Is someone upset to be "spoiled" by that? After so many years something stops being a spoiler.

I agree, the story is over 20 years old and even if you didn't know you probably will know before you play that part of the remake anyway.  Although I think @Captain_Yuri was right about being considerate for those who aren't as old or haven't been exposed to this before, at least right on release we could be mindful of story 'spoilers'.  Its hard for FFVII as the story has been broken into parts but for other single game remakes.

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I do think there's something to be said about making videos that have spoilers even on the original game at the time of release of the remake. There are plenty of people who haven't played the original and this will be their first time even getting into Final Fantasy.

Personally I think spoiling a old game is fine but spoiling the old game at the time of release of the remake/remaster is not. Waiting a week or so to do spoiler videos or have thumb nails of what happened in the original really isn't going to hurt anyone.

Problem is this 20 years old public domain knowledge won't happen in like a shitload of years ahead us in this remake since it is an event that happens almost at the end of the original game, the remake only covers the beginning of the original and only God knows how many parts this remake will have.

I only consider spoiler the elements that only happen in the remake that don't exist in the original.

I  agree with everything, except that in the original game the spoiler took place near the end, it takes place at the end of disc 1, hardly the end of the game. 

The funny part is that the "remake" itself spoils the moment from the original basically one hour in.

Spoiler!
When you meet Aeris for the first time, Sephiroth hallucination (?) appears behind her and says something to the effect of "you couldn't save anyone".   Basically saying this bitch gon' die.

They seem to be leading towards not killing her this time.  Or maybe they're just trying to fake you out so you think they won't and then you'll be surprised when they actually do.