By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Theorists spoil a big FF7 Remake moment in the thumbnail and title of video.Do not go to their channel!

Captain_Yuri said:
Leynos said:

I didn't play FF7 until March of this year and I have known about her death for 20 years. Like Vader is Lukes dad. Hard to avoid unless you live under a rock.

Sure but there will always be those who haven't, specially since there are plenty of sites that are being very considerate about the release and trying their best to be spoiler free of the original as well. Is waiting a week after release of the remake to do spoiler stuff or post a spoiler free thumbnail gonna kill them?

Look at the previous page. It's not the remake. It's the 1997 game. I posted the video. After 20 years no one has a responsibility to protect that spoiler as after 20 years it's no longer a spoiler.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Sure but there will always be those who haven't, specially since there are plenty of sites that are being very considerate about the release and trying their best to be spoiler free of the original as well. Is waiting a week after release of the remake to do spoiler stuff or post a spoiler free thumbnail gonna kill them?

Look at the previous page. It's not the remake. It's the 1997 game. I posted the video. After 20 years no one has a responsibility to protect that spoiler as after 20 years it's no longer a spoiler.

Sure, no one technically does but there are plenty of sites that are because it's the release week of the remake... And the reason is because there are new people being born everyday and there are new people getting into gaming everyday. If the remake wasn't being released then no one would care but because it is, I think it wouldn't kill people to be more considerate for a week and many sites are doing the same and have been for a bit now...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Leynos said:

Sure, no one technically does but there are plenty of sites that are because it's the release week of the remake... And the reason is because there are new people being born everyday and there are new people getting into gaming everyday. If the remake wasn't being released then no one would care but because it is, I think it wouldn't kill people to be more considerate for a week and many sites are doing the same and have been for a bit now...

Remake is a new story so a plot point from the 97 game doesn't mean it's the same here. Not a remake anyway. It's a reboot so the game is different. It's not spoiling the reboot.

Leynos said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Remake is a new story so a plot point from the 97 game doesn't mean it's the same here. Not a remake anyway. It's a reboot so the game is different. It's not spoiling the reboot.

It's based on the Original... And it's an important plot point... Sure the remake ep1 won't cover it but seeing that thumbnail and spoilers does have impact on how a new gamer will experience the Remake when they see the characters.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Leynos said:

It's based on the Original... And it's an important plot point... Sure the remake ep1 won't cover it but seeing that thumbnail and spoilers does have impact on how a new gamer will experience the Remake when they see the characters.

They changed the story. It's not the same. End of convo as far as I am concerned.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Captain_Yuri said:

They changed the story. It's not the same. End of convo as far as I am concerned.

Alright? You did quote me but I respect your opinion... We can go our separate ways on the matter.

Leynos said:

Checks the game title 🤔

I understand what you are saying but that just cracked me up.

Captain_Yuri said:
I do think there's something to be said about making videos that have spoilers even on the original game at the time of release of the remake. There are plenty of people who haven't played the original and this will be their first time even getting into Final Fantasy.

Personally I think spoiling a old game is fine but spoiling the old game at the time of release of the remake/remaster is not. Waiting a week or so to do spoiler videos or have thumb nails of what happened in the original really isn't going to hurt anyone.

I think that is a pretty fair point.  It may be well known but some people are new to gaming and may not spend time on gaming websites so potentially don’t know what happens.

Jabba89 said:
Leynos said:

Checks the game title 🤔

I understand what you are saying but that just cracked me up.

OP claims they spoiled the remake with the thumbnail. I proved they didn't. The thumbnail is the cutscene from the 1997 game. The video is about the 1997 game. Yeah I don't care what bullshit marketing they use. It's not a remake. It's a reboot. Not hashing that over again. A spoiler from the 1951 film The Thing From Another World does not spoil the reboot of 1982's The Thing. A spoiler from Terminator 1 doesn't spoil Terminator Genisys.

FF7 "Remake" went Terminator Genisys with the story so now they are bound to change a lot of things. New timeline. New story. New game. If someone has lived under a rock for 23 years and is upset over the worst kept secret in any game ever. That's their fault. If you want to avoid Rosebud is a Sled or Vader is Lukes dad moment in gaming. Don't g to gaming forums and Youtube channels. It's iconics pop culture now. Nintendo has spoiled the ending of Metroid with every smash bros game just by showing zero suits Samus. People don't seem upset there. Romeo and Juliet both die in the end. 300-year-old story. Is someone upset to be "spoiled" by that? After so many years something stops being a spoiler.

Last edited by Leynos - on 12 April 2020

It's gonna end up being Tifa anyway, which I've been calling for years. Then you'll see. Then you'll ALL see.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."