By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Xbox All Access Finally take off with the Xbox Series X and Game Pass

MS All access allows you to get a new Xbox Series X including Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for 20 bucks a month on a 2 year contract.  That can be very enticing coming coming this holiday time as you get a latest console, with all of MS first party games including the others in game pass for the low entry price of 20 bucks.  I can definitely see this taking off if MS promote it correctly.

Around the Network

Well hell. I'm already paying $15 a month just for game pass. Might as well toss in a new console for $5 more.

This came from Phill Himself in an interview not to long ago.  I will find it.

I replaced the link with a better one.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-all-access-returns-with-upgrade-option-to-xbo/1100-6470917/

I currently also have game pass so this looks extremely enticing since I already have money for one Console so not I probably will get both with X Series X on subscription.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 08 April 2020

For XBSX this seems way to good to be true, but MS does need to go overboard if they want to gain back a reasonable amount of market share against SNY next gen.

Is it possible that Lockhart is part of Project Scarlett? MS takes your XB1X and gives you Lockhart which is a slight upgrade, as a 'like for like' direct transition to next gen? Perhaps if you want to upgrade to the XBSX, you have to pay an extra up front fee or higher monthly payments? This would make more sense to me. I could totally see this.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 09 April 2020

Around the Network

Won’t be that cheap, at $20 a month it’s a no brainer.

Machiavellian said:

MS All access allows you to get a new Xbox Series X including Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for 20 bucks a month on a 2 year contract.  That can be very enticing coming coming this holiday time as you get a latest console, with all of MS first party games including the others in game pass for the low entry price of 20 bucks.  I can definitely see this taking off if MS promote it correctly.

$25 for Xbox One X, $24 for Xbox One S, and $20 for Xbox One S-all digital.
Machiavellian said:

MS All access allows you to get a new Xbox Series X including Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for 20 bucks a month on a 2 year contract.

They never mentioned what it would cost for a Xbox Series X. The $20 pr month is for the "current" gen Xbox One S-all digital. Last edited by JRPGfan - on 09 April 2020

According to the link, it is $31 for the Xbox one x. Then there is an option to upgrade to a new plan with the xsx when it comes out. I’m guessing the new plan would be more, probably $40. The $20 plan is just for the Xbox one s. So... no. I don’t think it will take off anymore than it is now. It’s still just a slightly subsidized plan that forces you to pay for a subsciption for 2 years at full price. You can generally find just as much savings if not more by getting deals on the subscription when available.

I am more interested to see what the plan will be just for the Series X. If MS push this very hard and have the price no more than what they are charging with the X1X including Gamepass ultimate, that would be a really good deal. 31 dollars for the console and gamepass ultimate with a 2 year contract isn't a bad deal and promoted right with people already use to doing Phone deals could sell well. With Halo coming out at the same time, throw in this deal and MS could have the perfect setup for huge sales.

Unless BestBuy Walmart and GameStop hop on board with this program I can’t see it getting mass adoption. It’s a great idea and allows kids to pay their own console.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.