By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

routsounmanman said:
curl-6 said:

Hello Rune Factory 5 and Bravely Default 2!
I wonder when Monster Hunter Stories and Shin Megami Tensei V will appear?

Shin Megami Tensei V doesn't yet have a concrete release date. And it's not that big of a system seller to begin with.

I never said it was a system seller, though it's true that it doesn't have a date, despite apparently being slated for this financial year so sometime in the first three months of 2021.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Rob5VGC said:

More probable is cancelled due to lack of supplies. Happened all the time at COMGet with big releases.

But not over 100 days from release, where they don't even know how many they'll receive. Those cancellations always happened in the last week before release. And considering the numbers MHW got, having the next mainline title in the series only getting about 1/10th of the previous title's allocation would be ludicrous.

You're talking to yourself. Those were your words to me when I made a simple joke about a user taking back their preorder in exchange for another option.

Rob5VGC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

But not over 100 days from release, where they don't even know how many they'll receive. Those cancellations always happened in the last week before release. And considering the numbers MHW got, having the next mainline title in the series only getting about 1/10th of the previous title's allocation would be ludicrous.

You're talking to yourself. Those were your words to me when I made a simple joke about a user taking back their preorder in exchange for another option.

Really? You got a link to that because I can't remember about that happening?

Marth said:

2 pts lol
Thats kinda depressing

And 8 more SKUs added next week. 

1 cumulative point gained by Monster Hunter Rise in the past 3 days.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:

With Momotaro and Hyrule Warriors just out, it's possible they are just too busy right now - or just too busy with their Christmas preparations (or whatever they can do during these covid times).

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Megiddo said:

With Momotaro and Hyrule Warriors just out, it's possible they are just too busy right now - or just too busy with their Christmas preparations (or whatever they can do during these covid times).

We are hitting coronavirus 3rd wave here. But I would think that with so many people in stores buying Switches, that they would preorder MH while they are there.

As fun as it is to keep track of COMG numbers we should be mindful not to forget its ultimately a very small sample size of all the stores in Japan that sell games, and not necessarily indicative of the larger Japanese gaming market.

Farsala said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

We are hitting coronavirus 3rd wave here. But I would think that with so many people in stores buying Switches, that they would preorder MH while they are there.

That's just it, I think they are more concerned with the now than with what happens in over 3 months from here.

curl-6 said:

As fun as it is to keep track of COMG numbers we should be mindful not to forget its ultimately a very small sample size of all the stores in Japan that sell games, and not necessarily indicative of the larger Japanese gaming market.

One thing is for sure about COMG! They are heavily biased towards MH compared to the rest of Japan.