By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

tbone51 said:

Place your bets! FFXVI vs XC3

As much as it saddens me to say

Ff16 wins by a long shot

I don't think the combined sales of the whole xenoblade series, and re-releases worldwide reaches half of what ff15 sold

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

If FFXVI stays PS5 exclusive I have a hard time seeing it top 500k, while I think XC3 is definitely gonna do so. With digital XC3 is gonna sell over 700k.

Kneetos said:
tbone51 said:

As much as it saddens me to say

Ff16 wins by a long shot

I don't think the combined sales of the whole xenoblade series, and re-releases worldwide reaches half of what ff15 sold

Don’t let it sadden you, This reminds me of the good old BotW vs FFXV and we saw how that went.

im talking Japan only, FFXV sold 1.5mil, the decline can take it anywhere between 500k-1mil imo, the thing is if it’s ps5 exclusive I think that bar will be even much lower.

xc3 could be a 600k-700k seller while FFXVI could go between 400k-700k if it really stays ps5 exclusive 

tbone51 said:

In Japan Xc3 (if FF16 stays Ps5 exclusive)

WW FF16.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

tbone51 said:

In, Japan, XC3, no questions asked.

Worldwide, most probably FF XVI.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

I'd put my money on FF XVI even with a much smaller install base, lifetime I think it can still get fairly close to a million and I don't see XC3 coming anywhere near that.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
tbone51 said:

I'd put my money on FF XVI even with a much smaller install base, lifetime I think it can still get fairly close to a million and I don't see XC3 coming anywhere near that.

How much did XC2 sell in Japan?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

From what I can find Famitsu had it at 214k by the end of 2018. Don't know if it has appeared on the chart since.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

peachbuggy said:
tbone51 said:

In Japan Xc3 (if FF16 stays Ps5 exclusive)

WW FF16.

Do you need to evaluate the FF VII and Strange of Paradise effects in the potential sale of FF mainline series on a small install base?

a) FF VII doesn't have all potential people imagined. (Does anyone remember FFVII vs Animal Crossing threads ?)

b) Strange of Paradise fiasco may hurt sales of mainline sales?

If only PS5 what the max sales will be projecting?

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

From what I can find Famitsu had it at 214k by the end of 2018. Don't know if it has appeared on the chart since.

296k physical at the end of 2021 according to Media Create, over 500k with digital since it keeps ranking high on the eshop and voucher titles with a high retail price always have a high digital share. XCDE has a over 50% digital share for example.

XC3 is 100% going to sell over 600k in Japan.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 22 April 2022