By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Handy day for Kirby. Still on track for over 280. Going to be interesting to see how far above 500,000 it can reach on the famitsu charts in a couple of weeks.

Monster Hunter expansion establishing itself early is good news for fans of that series too.

Anyone invested in Ghostwire Tokyo must be disappointed though. Been hanging around just inside the Amazon top 100 for a little while and can’t get past the wall of games in and outside the COMG charts that are on 3 pre-orders.

Around the Network

Gotta imagine Microsoft is spending next to nothing on advertising Ghostwire. Kind of an awkward situation.

Kirby back to insanity, nice. Hoping for it to reach 300 pts.

Kirby could reach 300 points, SoP flopped

Great to see Kirby building up a strong number and Rise + Sunbreak already making gains more than three months out from release.

So how come Switch Sports isn't up for preorder yet when it's less than a month and half away? Or is it, and just not charting at COMG stores?

Around the Network

Switch Sports is up for pre-order at Amazon Japan. It’s been occasionally in the top 100 video games best sellers list.
I’ve been assuming that Nintendo has been letting Kirby get the marketing attention before they push Switch Sports.

Switch sports won’t see pre orders. It’ll have a attach ratio very high.

Games in 2020/2021

Points - FW Sales - Title ——— Ratio

1147p -> 1396k: Pokémon BDSP (+22%)
929p —> 1425k: Pokémon LA (+53%)
240p —> 250k: SM3DW+BF (+4%)
166p —> ???k Kirby and the Forgotten Land (pre orders only)
126p —> 159k: Skyward Sword HD (+26%)
123p —> 163k: Mario Party Super stars (+33%)
110p —> 148k: New Pokémon Snap (+35%)
91p ——> 80k: Mario Golf Super Rush (-12%)
75p ——> 87k: Metroid Dread (+16%)
66p ——> 73k: Miitopia (+10%)
55p ——> 72k: Wario Ware Get it Together (+31%)
32p ——> 71k: Game Builder Garage (122%+)

What do you meaa by attach ratio very high? There's like 24 million Switch units in Japan. Just how high of an attach ratio are you expecting?

I think there’s a lot of people expecting to see it as a bundled title.

Megiddo said:

What do you meaa by attach ratio very high? There's like 24 million Switch units in Japan. Just how high of an attach ratio are you expecting?

Pre order to sell thru ratio.

Different games have different pre order habits. Very hardcore games have huge pre orders while casual games have a lot less. Look at the example I posted. The bottom 3 fit the bill I was talking about