By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 4 April 2020 - Resident Evil 3, Switch Continues Dominance

Great numbers for Switch, i think the overall demand will keep it up atleast through summer

Around the Network

Switch is around 8m off the NES now.

Classic Switch still sold grew last week in Japan compared to the week before that. But now they are stopping the shipments in japan so we will definitely have a cliff but so they can return to big numbers afterwards

Switch is still doing great, but I know supplies are strained. We're about to find out just how many Switches have been shipped, because we are asymptotically heading toward shipped=sold.

Switch in Japan alone is almost equal with the next best selling system's global total, and that's despite stock shortages.

AC is an absolute monster, a true killer app.

Around the Network

how is it dominance? It is like a 20 year old racing against 2 40 year olds.... uhhh.. congrats? PS4/XB1 came out in 2013...

Drakrami said:
how is it dominance? It is like a 20 year old racing against 2 40 year olds.... uhhh.. congrats? PS4/XB1 came out in 2013...

When Switch was announced and shown to the World. People were saying the Switch couldn't compete with PS4 and XB1 because it was "underpowered, released late into the generation and it was expensive". Look how the tides have turned. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Drakrami said:

let's do a little comparison.

PS4+XBO March 2014-1395k

PS4+XBO March 2015-1922k

PS4+XBO March 2016-1745k

PS4+XBO March 2017-1988k

PS4+XBO March 2018-1686k

PS4+XBO March 2019-1426k

PS4+XBO March 2020-930k

NSW March 2020-2236k

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PS4 should sell well next week, at least in Japan. FF7 bundle is the same price as the Standard.

I WISH I could find a Switch right now. Not sure how sales will look next month because nobody has the damn thing in stock for MSRP.