By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Issues Takedown Mario fan made games In Dreams (PS4)

Tagged games:

What do you think

That's not OK Nintendo 23 35.94%

I am agree with Nintendo 37 57.81%

I don't know what to say 4 6.25%

Total:64
HollyGamer said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Don't care about some silly promotions, if any Sony 1st party game/character came to Wii U then we would talk.

We already talk. The point Is Nintendo is just over protective with their IP and bad with the fans. Many people on Youtube sirca Wii U are hate Nintendo because unable to stream playing Mario Games. Their leaders are bunch of old boomers that do not see how marketing works. 

More like bad to ps4 owners who want to play Nintendo IP on ps4 you mean.

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
omarct said:
I wonder when the law is going to catch up to technology and remove all this copyright bullshit, no one should be allowed to monopolize anything forever, there should be a time limit maybe 10 years, make your money and after that it is fair game.

You should make a Sony fan game on Switch then see what will happen first.

HollyGamer said:

Playing dreams =/= Playing Mario games 

How can you know that they won't get Dream to play that Mario fan game? You can read and hear what people are thinking?

HollyGamer said:

I love Nintendo the same with Sony , but sometimes company make mistake the same with Sony with their Policy , it's time to grow up 

If Nintendo release a new action game with the main character who is exactly like Kaz on Switch only then call it Galaxy Rush.  What do you think? Sony will let that fly like nothing, huh?

You are making a lot of false paralelism.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

HoangNhatAnh said:
HollyGamer said:

We already talk. The point Is Nintendo is just over protective with their IP and bad with the fans. Many people on Youtube sirca Wii U are hate Nintendo because unable to stream playing Mario Games. Their leaders are bunch of old boomers that do not see how marketing works. 

What? if PS4 fans want to play Nintendo games they can just buy Switch (like many did) and it happened many PS4 player buy Switch. It has nothing to do with this discussion. Stop it already we know Nintendo is wrong and it's still wrong, you cannot defend something wrong even it's your favorite company. Like I said let's grow up and be adult and don't just attach to one single plastic.  

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

You should make a Sony fan game on Switch then see what will happen first.

How can you know that they won't get Dream to play that Mario fan game? You can read and hear what people are thinking?

If Nintendo release a new action game with the main character who is exactly like Kaz on Switch only then call it Galaxy Rush.  What do you think? Sony will let that fly like nothing, huh?

You are making a lot of false paralelism.

So it isn't ok for Sony, get it. Nintendo should be the same to their own IP.

HollyGamer said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

What? if PS4 fans want to play Nintendo games they can just buy Switch (like many did) and it happened many PS4 player buy Switch. It has nothing to do with this discussion. Stop it already we know Nintendo is wrong and it's still wrong, you cannot defend something wrong even it's your favorite company. Like I said let's grow up and be adult and don't just attach to one single plastic.  

Said the guy who attacked someone before to defend another, ok. But since when protect your own IP mean you are wrong? 

"they can just buy Switch" Say that to all Sony fans who want Nintendo to go 3rd party and port their own games to playstation.

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 25 March 2020

S.Peelman said:
omarct said:
I wonder when the law is going to catch up to technology and remove all this copyright bullshit, no one should be allowed to monopolize anything forever, there should be a time limit maybe 10 years, make your money and after that it is fair game.

Why should you not be allowed to own you own creation?

Because an idea, a concept, should not belong to anyone forever. It is not a physical entity, it doesnt have a quantity limit. Why should anyone own something like that forever? Its like how someone owns the happy birthday song, now no one is allowed to use it anymore unless they pay retarded fees to whoever owns it(the guy who used to own it died). Monopolizing something forever is a retarded concept. 

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
omarct said:

Absolutely brilliant.  God of War came out in 2005, I guess Microsoft can now just start making God of War games.  Might as well have Microsoft make Uncharted games too.  Since 10 years has lapsed and nobody can own Kratos and Drake....  you can't be serious.

Look folks it is this simple.  Mario is Nintendo's property.  You can't just take somebody's property.  THAT SIMPLE.  

Why the hell shouldnt microsoft be allowed to make a God of War game? Maybe they could make an amazing game. Why not give competition to the original creators to make something even better? I dont see what the problem is, if the game is good people will buy it, if its not they wont. Why are we trying to make it easier on these corporations instead of making it better for the consumers? Imagine how amazing new Pokemon game could be if we weren't forced to only buy them from the lazy bastards at Gamefreak. Where do you see anything here that affects you negatively? Yes perhaps there could be a royalty fee to the original creator if they are still alive but thats it.

No suprise really, its Nintendo, they are very aggressive with these things.
Only solution would be if Dreams was available on the Switch than there wouldnt be a problem i wouldnt think, unfortanunly they wont do that.

HollyGamer said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Because it entices those gamers on the PS4 to not buy a Switch because they have Mario games through Dreams. Thats the entire point of why Nintendo make these decisions. They want you to buy thier stuff to play their stuff. It makes alot of sense to remove it. I was in a debate the other day about some random saying he doesn't need to buy Ori 2 because he can just make it or play a fan made version of it through Dreams. That doesn't promote sales, it affects sales.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 25 March 2020

Quoting doesn't work properly, I only see html code, which means formatting this is a mess but here we go;

omarct said:
S.Peelman said:

Why should you not be allowed to own you own creation?

Because an idea, a concept, should not belong to anyone forever. It is not a physical entity, it doesnt have a quantity limit. Why should anyone own something like that forever? Its like how someone owns the happy birthday song, now no one is allowed to use it anymore unless they pay retarded fees to whoever owns it(the guy who used to own it died). Monopolizing something forever is a retarded concept. 

That doesn't make any sense. Have you never had a good idea of your own? Giving away your ideas for anyone to abuse is a surefire way to destroy the image of an IP and flood the market with all kinds of total crap. There wouldn't be any property that would actually be respected now at this point. Not Mario, not Star Wars, not Batman, not Mickey Mouse, nothing; it would all be crap. Say the rule was like you say it is. Nintendo loses the sole rights to Mario in 1993 (or even 1991 if you will). There would be Super Mario World, and then a thousand clones that are total crap.

An idea actually is a physical entity in the sense that the owner will make products with it. The games, in this case, are a physical entity, it exists, therefore the idea exists. Miyamoto once drew a picture of Mario, it's his physical creation, not anyone else's. Your 'Happy Birthday' analogy doesn't work, because it's creator, if there ever was any in the first place because this particular song might have just evolved over time as it was used, is now long gone and forgotten and there has never been an heir to claim any rights. Copyright expires after a while in that case.

Then, the 'concept' of Mario can be copied just fine. Being 'inspired' by another's idea is fair. Anyone can make a new platformer, even one where the main character gains power-ups and traverses differently themed worlds. Same goes for God of War; anyone could make a hack-n-slash with some overpowered angry dude. However obviously, doing so would probably get you accused of ripping off.

omarct said:
Chrkeller said:

Absolutely brilliant.  God of War came out in 2005, I guess Microsoft can now just start making God of War games.  Might as well have Microsoft make Uncharted games too.  Since 10 years has lapsed and nobody can own Kratos and Drake....  you can't be serious.

Look folks it is this simple.  Mario is Nintendo's property.  You can't just take somebody's property.  THAT SIMPLE.  

Why the hell shouldnt microsoft be allowed to make a God of War game? Maybe they could make an amazing game. Why not give competition to the original creators to make something even better? I dont see what the problem is, if the game is good people will buy it, if its not they wont. Why are we trying to make it easier on these corporations instead of making it better for the consumers? Imagine how amazing new Pokemon game could be if we weren't forced to only buy them from the lazy bastards at Gamefreak. Where do you see anything here that affects you negatively? Yes perhaps there could be a royalty fee to the original creator if they are still alive but thats it.

..... I literally can't believe I have to explain this. Because God of War is worth a ton of money as a brand. If just anybody can make God of War, and they do a good job it takes money away from the owners of the IP via competition (ironically with their own creation). If just anybody can make God of War, and they do a bad job, the original IP owners lose brand equity (e.g. selling power = money). Seriously man, you cannot be serious. This has to be a joke.. Please tell me it is a joke. As for effecting me, it would BIG TIME. The company I work at owns IP. If somebody could just take our brand and make product.... heck I have 24 patents. And no, people can't just take my idea because you are still butthurt over Pokemon (which is a very good game that is selling gangbusters, so get over it). IP is what makes a company valuable. it is what keeps the doors open. It is the ingredient that keeps people employed. Last edited by Chrkeller - on 25 March 2020