By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Show my kids it's okay to be themselves

Hey everyone, I did my first product review, let me know what you think of it please.

https://youtu.be/zmsVecBxG0Y

(is there anyone that has any skills with a possible front end graphic display before a video starts?)

Nintendo with the Switch:

Around the Network

Geting bullied for videogames. Back in the days when it had more of a geek hobby it would be somewhat normal.

Strange. Very strange. It has the feel of crucial details missing.

Hunting Season is done...

Hey man. I hope my username isn't causing any problems with the young ones. If it ever does come up, maybe just pronounce it Coke Toe? Maybe I'm worrying about nothing. But just in case. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Zoombael said:
Geting bullied for videogames. Back in the days when it had more of a geek hobby it would be somewhat normal.

He has autism so he is very intense about his video game "data knowledge".  It doesn't help that he has a hard time making friends because of this and one of his friends was part of the group that was picking on him so that didn't help the situation either.

Last edited by scottslater - on 14 April 2020

scottslater said:
Zoombael said:

He has autism so he is very intense about his video game "data knowledge".  It doesn't help that he has a hard time making friends because of this and one of his friends was part of the group that was picking on him so that didn't help the situation either.

Ah. Much clearer now. You actually mentioned it before and i completely missed it.

"Data knowledge" ... sounds like he has determined his future career already.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
scottslater said:
Zoombael said:

Yeah i also lost some friends as a kid because i sometimes just needed to play some games instead of playing with them to relieve stress,trying to slow down my thoughtprocesses that were always going like crazy as an autist.

Nintendo games worked great for that.

Zoombael said:
scottslater said:

Ah. Much clearer now. You actually mentioned it before and i completely missed it.

"Data knowledge" ... sounds like he has determined his future career already.

Yep, lol.

Hey guys, we started a Mario Party play through, my oldest kid loves this game (he was on a winning streak that he was very proud of, lol). We have my wife's young sister (she's 12) staying with us because her parents work at the local prison in their area (nurse and PA). Hope you guys enjoy!

https://youtu.be/x7rHKblQDpE

scottslater said:
Hey guys, we started a Mario Party play through, my oldest kid loves this game (he was on a winning streak that he was very proud of, lol). We have my wife's young sister (she's 12) staying with us because her parents work at the local prison in their area (nurse and PA). Hope you guys enjoy!

It's heartwarming to see a dad so invested in his kid,he is lucky to have you.

Immersiveunreality said:
scottslater said:

It's heartwarming to see a dad so invested in his kid,he is lucky to have you.

He's my little buddy, lol.  I just understand the struggles of "geeks" as I was a "closet" one for the most part during my school years.  I was a jock (not the "bad kind" though, lol) and loved sports and it was a much different time in the '90's with what was cool so to speak.  I want to encourage him to be the person he wants to be.

Last edited by scottslater - on 16 April 2020