By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Show my kids it's okay to be themselves

I just wanted to share some stuff that has been going on in our lives (not sure where to post this):

Hey friends and family, I just wanted to share my kids YouTube channel. He has been having problems at school with what he calls “enemies” (bullies) because of his love of video games and all things about them (Let’s Plays for example) and I’m trying to encourage him to show him that there is nothing wrong with being who he is. If anyone could please give him some likes and comments it would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX2iQk1oiVT4Nh-MbXjs8nA?fbclid=IwAR1VQvnID5Mc8f3tuPYFdpGeKyO3ZOBhDTNOczaN6Y_W8kL-wiQBq2YwIic

https://twitter.com/legendofgeekdom

https://www.facebook.com/thelegendofgeekdom/

Please share these with your friends and family, I told them that if we get to 50 subscribers we would do another unboxing.

Last edited by scottslater - on 17 March 2020

Nintendo with the Switch:

Around the Network

I was in a similar position to your son by the sounds of it during my earlier school years.

I'll be more than happy to send an encouraging comment on YouTube later, I'm at work at the moment.

You're clearly doing this Dad thing right.

ironmanDX said:
I was in a similar position to your son by the sounds of it during my earlier school years.

I'll be more than happy to send an encouraging comment on YouTube later, I'm at work at the moment.

You're clearly doing this Dad thing right.

Thanks! Some days it is a struggle (it doesn't help that he is on the autistic spectrum) and it really impacts his life at home with his attitude.  We have just enrolled him into karate classes in hopes that it boosts his confidence.  I really enjoy his reaction to receiving feedback on his videos though, he lights up whenever I tell him his "stats", lol.

Done!
And things are always going to get better as he finds more people who enjoys what he loves.

I checked out a video and commented. Goodluck to the kid. :)

Around the Network

I Gotcha

Moren said:
Done!
And things are always going to get better as he finds more people who enjoys what he loves.

Thanks! Yeah, I think that's why he gets so excited when he gets comments, likes, subscribers, etc.

Ryuu96 said:

Your kid seems like an awesome lad and you seem like a great father, good job encouraging him to be who he wants to be.

Gave his videos some views and followed his Twitter and I'll reiterate Moren's comment, he will find others that share the same hobbies and things will get better for him.

Spoiler!
F*ck Bullies.

Edit - I think this will get more views in Gaming Discussion and it's a Gaming Channel anyway so I'm going to go ahead and move it there.

Thanks! I wasn't sure where to post this so I appreciate the support.  And yes, **** Bullies.  I never had to deal with them in school and I always tried to use my "wit" to put them in their place if they picked on other kids.  I didn't care what people wore, their social status, etc, if they could provide a conversation or something of the sorts I would talk to them.

It has really impacted his studies this year and I'm worried about it.  He is usually an excellent student and this year he has struggled in even things that he usually excels at (math, science, etc).

mZuzek said:

Subscribed.

You can never go wrong with Smash. Good taste. Don't let the toxicity of school get to him.

He LOVES Smash, lol.  I haven't been able to get into it personally but I've thought about doing a let's play series with him to try and reconnect with him.  The bullies have really got to him this year and he just doesn't want anything to do with anyone right now, makes it a real struggle somedays.

I just want to tell everyone thank you so much for helping out, he will be extremely excited today when he wakes up and I tell him that he has more subscribers, comments, and likes.